Titans prospect meetings

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by LoneWolf, Feb 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titantrusince82

titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

We still have to remember a lot depends on who we get during free agency. After some FA signings, we will have a better picture of who (or at least what position) we are going after.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

No way will we go RB in the first two rounds. If they're serious about building a 3-4 defense then we need depth and talent immediately. With Whis I think our offense will look even better through the air and would mean less of a need at the RB position. I could see us trying to hit on a gem later in the draft. Possibly a shifty guy that could give that Woodhead, Sproles effect. If we go offense at all in the first two rounds it has to be used to shore up the offensive line at RT. If Whis doesn't plan on taking a QB in this draft you best bet that he looks to keep Jake healthy. It's in his best interest to do so.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Titans talked with Blake Bortles at the combine. These aren't offical meetings, still is interesting.

Could you see us trading up to grab Bortles? Whisenhunt was successful with another big athletic Qb could he want another one?

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

GM's always look to talk to as many guys as they can, you never know down the road if that guy may end up a Titan. Lay the foundation now so in 4-5 years if Bortles hits free agency we'll have already gotten to know him a little.

And Bortles is the ONLY player Id be ok trading up for.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Depends where we're trading up too. If it's like #3, no way. Price will be too much. I doubt he makes it past #8. We'll give Locker another year.

6. JCBRAVE

The trade value chart says the 3rd pick is worth 2200 points. For the Titans to make it to the 3rd spot, we'd literally have to give away our entire draft. Without a 3rd rounder this time around, it would be very expensive to move up that far, BUT QB is that one position that if you get it right, everything else falls into place.

7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd assume it would be something like: 2014 1st, 2015 1st, & 2014 2nd. Similar to the RG3 trade. No thanks.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Man I pray that they don't do that.....Too many holes, and i am not sold on ANY QB 100% here....I wouldn't be surprised though. Bortles the most worthy of them though.

9. JCBRAVE

I keep telling people Bortles will be the No.1 pick, but nobody believes me

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I would not be surprised...Big athletic qb's are coveted...I can think of one that worked out well for Philly and their system........as well as other teams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar