Titans promote WR/returner Devon Wylie

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans have promoted receiver/return man Devon Wylie from the practice squad to the team’s 53-man roster.

Wylie played in six games for the Chiefs in 2012, and has also spent time with the Cardinals and Steelers.

Wylie averaged 21.2 yards on nine kick returns last year with the Chiefs. He averaged 5.2 yards on five punt returns. He was selected in the fourth round of the 2012 draft by Kansas City.

Titans receiver/returner Damian Williams suffered a hip injury against the Jaguars and is out for Thursday’s game against the Colts.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider
  2. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

I bet this will be the spark that turns the season around.
    • High Five High Five x 5
  3. UrbanLegend3

UrbanLegend3 Starter

How crazy would it be if Wylie is the X-factor in our win against the colts?
  4. Tennessy XO

Tennessy XO @TennessyXO

Still glowing from Sunday I see.

Good to have you back.
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Without Brandon Weeden we stand no chance, season over.
  6. Titans2004

Titans2004 Starter

The only thing about these guys who know they are auditioning for a future roster spot is that they always want to make a big play. That means they are more likely to return it from 8yds deep in the endzone or not make a fair ctach when they really need to. I certainly hope he gives us a spark, but if the damn ball is 6 yds deep or more in the endzone then you down it.
  7. CalgaryTitansFan

CalgaryTitansFan Starter

This, I can't believe how many times I've seen guys take it out of the endzone and not make the 20 this year.
  8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

From CBS Sportsline Draft Bio:

Wylie is a tough player who shined at the East-West Shrine practices. At Fresno State however, Wylie did not produce frequently and disappeared in many games. Wylie has the athleticism and quickness to be a real threat in the slot as a mismatch and on special teams as a returner, but he has to improve his inconsistent hands.

Not much to find on him except many thought he'd make the Chiefs roster this season and that, when he was released, he'd get picked up (which he did). He ended up on the Steelers practice squad but was dropped two weeks later for CB Devin Smith (Oct 30).

He has some scoot:

http://www.nfl.com/videos/kansas-city-chiefs/0ap2000000230928/Wylie-big-punt-return
  9. Fry

Fry Hatin' is what I do.

So it'll be like having Reynaud back there again?

Fantastic.
  10. rodgev

rodgev Starter

Next contestant up in CAN YOU MAKE TO THE 20 is.........

Devon Wylie!!!!!!!
    • High Five High Five x 2