Titans Presser

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by The Playmaker, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If you're sold on a player, he's projected mid-1st and you pick #10, don't risk it - take him at #10. Only way is if Lane Johnson's available and we switch with Miami (if they don't get Albert)

2. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I dont think so either, Im going off of what webster said. He mentioned them both when talking about smaller/leaner DE

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

That's what I'm on about. 10 regardless, if that's the guy, take him. I wouldn't risk moving back a few spots and having to settle.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I've been saying it for months. We're not going guard at 10 because I asked Munchak himself and he said it 10 was too high.

I've also been saying (without having asked Coach this) that the drop off from Warmack/Cooper to Warford/Winters isn't very big and we need to get a defensive playmaker at 10.

I really think Star is there when we pick. Whether or not we take him is another story. I get this sinking feeling we're going to reach for Trufant.

5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Can't believe a thing around draft time...we could really want warmack and are talking down about the OGs so that a team doesn't jump infront of us and grab him. We all know that the Jets are trying to stock pile draft picks. I'm sure they would be fine moving back a few spots and getting another pick.

I have no clue who we will take...it could be OG/DE/DT/CB

6. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

So either...

1. This is all a smokescreen and we're playing it safe so no one ahead of us takes Warmack.

or...

2. All this Fluker talk is just trying to stir other teams into trading up either with us or ahead of us to take him, thus, having another top defensive guy fall to #10.

3. Pick would be Mingo, DT, or even now Xavier Rhodes (best press CB in the draft)

I'm not totally sold on Rhodes, his man could be improved but for the defense Williams wants he would be a fit. I would rather have Trufant but oh well I could get behind the pick.

7. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Trufant @ 10? I mean he does have the size but if you compare him to Rhodes... Yesh... Rhodes is just out there beasting it. That dude can change our secondary.

8. Brew City

Brew City Case Race Champion

Milliner or Star is where my heads at now. I was huge on the Warmack train for a while, but a defensive playmaker is what we need right now. I really hope we get one of those 2.

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I really doubt a GM would be that obvious and show his hand.

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Trufant is the better player right now but Rhodes has a bit higher of a ceiling.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar