Titans preseason games in HD?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by turf, Aug 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turf

turf Practice Squad

i was flipping through the channel guide last night and i didn't see any indication that saturday's titans/bucs game will be in HD on WKRN-HD, channel 231. does anyone know if these games will be in HD or not?

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

according to my U-Verse guide, the Bucs game is in HD. I hope it's better than NBC's HD which was horrible (jaggies, motion artifacts). ABC, CBS, ESPN and Fox usually have good HD feeds, but NBC was unwatchable at times.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Well, this will be new. IIRC, last year, none of the preseason games were shot in HD, but the HOF Game looked great on Sunday.

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

HOF game looked good in HD, except the obvious problems they had from time to time.

NFL Network advertised having EVERY game in HD... but i understand they aren't all live. Do i understand correctly?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

^^^That is correct Mr. Adams. They will replay games in HD.

I figured you would just fly to the ones you wanted to see. Hey- can I borrow 500K?

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

The preseason games were shot for, and by, the local ABC affiliate, News2 - WKRN, and it's a matter of them opting to spend the additional cash to shoot it in HD.

If they haven't suddenly changed since I was there... they are budget-choppers. I'd be surprised, frankly. But, HD equipment is getting cheaper and cheaper to own/rent. So, it could happen - but probably not until next season.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I also thought NBC's looked pretty good the other night. I didn't realize Al Michaels had so many moles before.

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

:IRKED: it is not HD unfortunately .... even on an HD channel. it still looks like crap

9. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

oddly, the stream that has been linked to in the OGT is widescreen and from different POV"s, is it possible that the local Tampa crew brought HD cameras with them ?

10. ONUV

ONUV Starter

wkrn is in the stone age when it comes to video quality. wsmv and wtvf both have HD newscasts. the best chance of having local games in HD would be wtvf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar