Titans "prepared to spend" in FA?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PRAY IV M3RCY

PRAY IV M3RCY Pro Bowler

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/7441/alshon-jeffery

Idk how true this really is.

Speaking on Good Morning Football, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo said the Titans will "make a push to bring in some receiver help."
    He added Tennessee will be "very active this offseason" and are "prepared to spend." The comments came up in a discussion about Alshon Jeffery, who is certain to land a monster deal as the best receiver available in free agency. If the Titans balk at Jeffery's asking price, they could turn to the draft to find a true No. 1 receiver. Clemson's Mike Williams, Western Michigan's Corey Davis, and Washington's John Ross are all first-round prospects. Feb 28 - 12:44 PM
    Source: NFL.com
    • Titans looking for WRs & 'prepared to spend'
      Feb 28 - 12:44 PM

#1 PRAY IV M3RCY, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

We always spend so yea expect more of that

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

I fully expect us to pay one of the young top CBs big money. JRob knows we have a major hole at the back end of the defense and he will address it.

I fully expect us to sign a vet WR....a report came out today saying that Stills is looking to get 12mil per yr....that is just crazy money for a #2/3 WR...if Stills really goes that high we won't play that game...we will go after a Markus Wheaton or Robert Woods type. Solid young WR with upside.

4. JCBRAVE

rather overpay the injury prone junkie Alshon Jeffery than have Robert Woods, I hate Woods, hes awful

5. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

i remember me and you arguing about woods vs wright. i hated wright and loved woods and you were the opposite lmao

6. JCBRAVE

Yea?

I dont recall that but sounds about right

until this summer I was a fan of Wright

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Well we know we aren't spending it on Berry. He agreed on a 6yr $78M contract from KC. Guess Poe will be available. Wouldn't mind grabbing him.

8. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I don't think Garafolo has any inside info on the titans tbh.

I think hes just assuming this because we have a lot of cap, were 9-7 last year and trying to get over the hump, no big re-signs to take care of.

I just don't really think its jrob's style to go for the big FAs though.

Plus it seems every team has cap nowadays.

This FA is gonna have some insane overpays imo

9. chapa_el

chapa_el Starter

No interest in the injury prone junkie. Would be a mistake imo. I'm interested in stills though if he really is as fast as I've been hearing. All we really need is that speed guy

10. Johnnyb

Johnnyb RTR

Yeah, I think he heard that we're ready to spend and just linked us to Jeffery. But I don't see it happening. I see us spending on DB help first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar