Titans podcasts

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

If you use iTunes to download the podcast is the file stored locally? If so, is it a proprietary iTunes format or MP3?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

3. Both Titans podcasts are mp3s on my computer (as are all the audio podcasts I have right now). If you buy music from iTunes, it will be in a secure format, but I guess they don't worry so much about free podcasts.

4. Broken Record

Yeah, I've downloaded podcasts before and they've always been MP3. I've got an MP3 (non ipod) player and I don't use iTunes, but this is the first time I've seen iTunes required to receive the content. The "subscribe" model must be getting popular.

5. It looks like you should be able to download them manually (though the page doesn't seem to work correctly for me). They simply give instructions on setting it up in iTunes because it's the top software.

6. Broken Record

Yeah, those links are actually RSS feeds. I'll try it with an RSS reader and see what happens.

7. Broken Record

Just FYI in case anyone else is trying, the RSS news reader works and even gives you a link to download the original MP3 file. I just used Google's reader.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar