Titans Pleased with Progress of Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Oct 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I don't think Ewker is eligible for the nomination.
    He's like this in person too.

He's still a trawl that will dangle what you don't want to hear.
    It's fun for him. And that's okay. That's the point of all this.

I wouldn't want him to catch me writing him a parking ticket.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I could take him...easy.

:brow:

3. Nine

Nine Starter

Are you suggesting that perhaps Leinart was more NFL-ready than Vince?

That perhaps USC's pro-style offense would do more than Texas' single-read spread option to prepare a QB for the rigors of the NFL ?

BRILLIANT!!!!!!
    [​IMG]

4. when vince starts running with it more, its going to open up the passing game even more, great things are comming

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

Matt will benefit from having 2 top-tier receivers to throw to
    Denny will allow Matt to pad his stats and get plenty of :)) time

Vince will benfit from breakdowns in route running and missed blocks allowing him to run in front of the over-pressed Dlines

It really looks like to me that Vince is still a few games away from being a national headline, he will get there. I'm glad he got some games in before the bye and the Texans coming back in. He should have some good momentum heading into Jacksonville and Baltimore

6. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

If leinart makes the playoffs with us this year, then we'll talk, but until then, Vince in a landslide.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

that is going to be a bit tough dont you think?

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Thats exactly right and certainly our GM is not going to admit they took the wrong guy.

First of all nobody with any kind of football knowledge could with any honesty say VY throwing to their WRs would be a whole lot better (like his inaccuracy and decision making isn't a factor?). Add in that one of the two top WRs on the Cardinals has not been a factor for Leinart's two starts and wasn't even active for the game against the best defense in football and our GM's comments look even more idiotic.
    The worst gaff of all is basically slamming our WRs and TEs whom Reese either drafted of signed as FAs. However, with that aside how do we think Leinart would have done with a running game we have shown the last two weeks? Anyone think Leinart could have done pretty decent with a guy running for 178 yards and our OL doing a good job of protecting the QB?

9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhiSlammaJamma
    If leinart makes the playoffs with us this year

I was thinking the same thing :ha:

10. Hawk

Hawk Camp Fodder

Leinart's numbers might be lower like Vince's with a running game like that. Did you not notice that the Titans basically did not throw the ball most of the second half since they were leading and were having success running? Vince had decent numbers, threw a TD pass, and did not turn it over...and WON THE GAME. If he had needed to pass more, maybe he would have done so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar