Titans Playoff Tickets Gone in 5 Minutes

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Wow!!! That's nice!

Seen tickets listed for some pretty high prices on StubHub.

I have to say I'm a little tempted to unload mine to help finance a Superbowl trip. Been a tough decision on my mind for a few weeks now.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

it'd be nice to keep the opposing hooples out of our house
    I hope the folks that are grabbing them off eBay / StubHub are Titans fans

3. The thing is, what opposing fan is going to buy them on ebay right now? They don't even know yet if their team will be playing here (or still alive in the playoffs)?

4. __pg

__pg Digital Ninja

I tried to grab some and they were gone within a minute on ticketmaster.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

A lot of people/companies are buying them for resale next week at a much higher price.

Shame to see, it means our home field advantage won't matter as much.

If you're selling your tickets, sell them to titans fans that you know. I know it's tempting to take the big money, but that just leads to the scene we all saw at the Steelers game. We need to protect our house, and selling your tickets hurts it!

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm trying to rationalize and budget a Superbowl trip.

A typical flight to Tampa on any given weekend is $160ish round trip from Nashville. Superbowl weekend it's about $450, and that's Southwest.

Cheapest Tickets I've found online for the Superbowl are going for just over $2000, and that's upper level, in the back.

That's $2500 minimum just to get there and go to the game.

Still, I have too much fun at the games in Nashville. I'm almost positive I'll use my tickets. But it sure would make a Superbowl trip more feasible.

I'm sort of hoping that by some miracle we make it and play Carolina, and maybe Superbowl tickets would go down somewhat.

7. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I'm thinking with the gas prices down, I'm taking down an RV. :yes:

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

im in the market for some tickets. I was on ticketmaster.com this morning and pulled up the page at 11:00am EST (10CST) on the dot and there were already no available tickets. Its just sad because I know most of the ppl who bought them from ticketmaster are the guys with the software that automatically purchases tickets.. then they go stand outside of the stadium making quadruple or more off the game.

As much I like watching games at LP, its just disheartening to pay so much for such poor seats on stubhub and then u get to the stadium and the guy whos sitting beside you got his tickets for free and you look out there and theres a ton of open seats but it was a sell out game. I mean thats life, and you do what you gotta do, but I really think there should be stricter laws regarding scalping. Or atleast do something to keep it out of the proximity of the stadium.

Ill never forget being at Adelphia in 99 when I walked out of the stadium half deaf and traffic/crowds were 2-3xs worse than they are now. To me, it just seems like half of the seats at LP are just pimped out to opposing fans and or empty. I don't think its anyones disinterest in the titans that are ppl are selling off thier tickets, its just alotta extra money and you can always watch the game at home.

If you cant tell, im still a little upset about the 10k steelers fans in nashville waving thier towels. When I was at the green bay game, i felt like me, and a few other ppl were the only titans fans up in 319, which was alright because we talked some mad smack to them when we crushed em. I might be the only one that feels this way. im done venting.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. The Don

The Don Upsetting The Apple Cart

You are going to need a massive amount of dollar bills. Hotels are booked solid in Tampa, Tarpon, St. Pete, Clearwater, and for the most part in all of Orlando. (Orlando is about 1.5 hours away)

I've got a line on a house between Orlando and Tampa when we win our games!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar