Titans Player Salaries and Cap Info

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Cortland ran out during training camp and that, I believe, sealed his fate with us. He wasn't a yes man, very much unlike Griffin. Griffin is just doing this for the paycheck, and even when they announced the extension for Griffin, they wouldn't really talk about his play, but rather about the fact that he "did it the right way", he came to the facility during offseason workouts, kept his mouth shut, and let the team give him millions.

Griffin's deal was looked at as a bad decision at the time, and that has been proven accurate. Hopefully in the future, those decisions are made on the basis of talent. The new contracts go to important players; those that actually make a difference on Sundays. Being a nice, amenable person is great, but that's not winning this team any games. Not to mention, you can easily end up with rosters (and a HC) like the one's we've seen around here for the past two years; hopefully that's changing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

Yeah i remember Cortland leaving overnight and the next morning no one knew where he was and of course he irked the management by doing that.Like you said Griffin was low key and did all the right things and got rewarded.I think your right these decisions need to be based on talent and not who was nicest and amenable because being nice doesn't win football games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar