Titans plan to sign veteran TE Shiancoe

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Dec 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

we haven't had a real TE sine # 89! Ben Troupe was the worst and a first rounder if I remember correctly. We do not draft smart, need to get better

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think he was a second round pick.

3. Dman

Dman Pro Bowler

still was a bust lol I think I was thinking of Tyrone Calico being a first round pic, not sure on that either

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Calico was a 2nd as well.

5. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

Thanks, not sure where the hell I pulled Shane from, I knew it was Craig.

I just don't see the point of bringing this guy back in, at best he was pretty much ineffective that I recall in most games (although I swear I recall him dropping an easy screen pass for a TD in one game - can't remember who it was against now though). Stevens hasn't done much of anything to earn his 2.5 mil in comparison to Walker (and yes I know that Stevens is primarily the blocking TE for running plays but how has that been going so far this year ?) so why not stick his sorry azz out there as a FB on the few plays we even have that call for one...

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

He has a concussion, otherwise I think we would have.

7. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I am with you on this one, I am in the camp that we cut Stevens after this season, he is pretty worthless for 2.5 mil if you ask me. Thompson hasn't played so it's a bit early to say he is a bust., however, based on his performance against the Colts his one TD catch against the Jags looked like it might be his sole entry on the highlight reel, because he had a few go through his hands last week that should have been caught.

I've never quite understood this orgs recent draft obsession with picking TE's that seem to suck or at best are mediocre.

8. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

I think CRAIG Stevens is hurt so we couldn't use him as a blocking back.

9. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

He got lead right into the linebacker on a terrible screen on the first drive of the Raiders game.

He has had all kinds of concussions. He needs to retire.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jared Cook is not a real TE.

(Yes, I am aware that you're referring to Wycheck; just thought I'd throw that out there since Cook wore 89 too)

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar