Titans pick at Packer site

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by PatS4, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

LOL....glad you think he is a stud. He isnt......sorry to disagree with you here. He has had 2 years to prove himself and for one reason or another he hasnt yet. Carolinas offense is a slow boring offense. They need that back who makes Defenses put the SS in the box, so Steve Smith can do his thing. Now if they could get a reliable QB........

2. smili

smili Starter

so who did we end up taking in the Green Bay Mock?

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

again...if 5.0 ypc doesn't do anything for you, ok. But if he was available right now we'd all be wanting him as our starter. You don't get 5 ypc sucking. It's the team around him.
    Just wait though. He'll be tearing it up soon enough. By the way, 2 years isn't much, especially when undersized. I bet you hype Vince Young up though, eh? "He's only a 2nd year player". Yep.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Excuses can be made for anyone. Until he proves himself.....Carolina will be looking for another RB.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

LaMont Jordan did.

6. PatS4

PatS4 Cheesehead

With Pittsburgh left to pick ahead of us, I am leaning towards Limas Sweed, WR, Texas.

I have another thread going with a poll on who I should select.

I have posted on our website about how slow it is going and that people need to be ready 4-5 picks ahead. Don't know if it'll do any good.

Go Pack!!!

Go Titans!!!

7. Deuce Wayne

What excuse? Keep acting like the guy isn't good lmao.

and gunny, LJ averages 3.8 now behind a crap line. That's pretty good.

8. Deuce Wayne

For the record, Marion Barber (the guy everyone claims is the best back in Dallas, and could be great with more carries) only averages 4.8. Less than DeAngelo.

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

I disagree greatly with the assertion that everyone claims Barber could be great with more carries.

But the comparison to Marion Barber is apt.

Marion Barber didn't start a single game last season until the playoff game against the Giants. Julius Jones started every game and was the unquestioned #1 back.

And during the season, everyone was clamouring for Barber to become the #1 back.

But did you watch the Dallas playoff loss to the Giants? Barber was a beast in the 1st half but wore down badly in the 2nd half. This game proved that he couldn't carry the load on his own in the running game.

In the first half he had 16 carries for 101 yards.
    In the second half he had 11 carries for 28 yards.

The only other game where he had over 20 carries was the same story (against Carolina)

In the first half he had 11 carries for 80 yards
    In the second half he had 11 carries for 30 yards

And now the Cowboys are clearly in the market for another RB to share the load (most likely in the 1st round).

Giving a guy more playing time doesn't always = more production.

DeAngelo Williams (and Marion Barber) needs to stay as a complementary back to be productive IMO, and picking up a stud starting RB makes sense.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

BINGO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar