Titans Payroll Ranked #32 In 2005

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titansfan10

Titansfan10 Camp Fodder

I don't really get it...can someone explain it...how are some of those teams that low on the list?

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think the "dead money" and excessive "signing bonuses" are where the Titans went wrong. We mortgaged the future for 2001-03. We're just now climbing out.

Teams like the Pats, Eagles, Steelers do an excellent job of mid-level player development. We couldn't afford to keep our better mid-level projects in the past 3 years and had to settle for rookies, 2nd years and cheap FA's.

I hope Reese and Co. don't put us back in a situation like that again.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

If a player does not WANT to be a Titan they should quite.

Guys like Nedney are the ones I can't figure out. Joe Nedney OWED the Titans another contract where he actually played the games he was contracted to play. Yes I am sure SF paid him more, and that is my point Nedney cashed every check the Titans wrote to him, but he had ZERO loyalty when he became a FA. Nedney is a clear example, McNair, George, Bishop, Fisk, ect... are other examples of Greed over Loyalty.

Squeelers and Patriots have players sign for less to stay there. Titans need to do a much better job of getting FOOTBALL players who want to be Titans instead of athletes who want to get paid by the Titans.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

we released Nedney didn't we.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I'm not 100% sure but you might be right.

6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Starkiller? Am I off here? Isn't that what the numbers basically represent?

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I think Starkiller has been in hibernation waiting for the start of training camp.

8. I've been in semi-hibernation since there's nothing really to talk about. Plus I was gone for 5 days for the 4th and then have been busy in making up for lost time.

The teams at the bottom are the ones with a bunch of dead money who didn't sign anyone to new contracts with big signing bonuses. The ones at the top are the ones who paid out big bonuses to new signees (or recent signees with option bonuses).

It's just the nature of the NFL salary cap that some teams will be way below in terms of real money spent that year and some will be way above.

9. Yes, the Titans cut him. It had nothing at all to do with Nedney's loyalty.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Don't let the fact that Nedney played about 1/2 game in 2 seasons get in the way of the Titans wanting Joe to take a pay cut to prove himself get in the way, which he should have done if he had any loyalty to the Titans for signing him long term, loyalty that was not there at all BTW. Titans "cut" Carter, Miller, Rolle, Mason, Holcombe at the same time. Those players were "cut" because they would not redo their contracts to remain a Titan.

Already stated why Nedney should have taken less to remain a Titan. Lets look at the other greed mongers. Carter cost the Titans a first round pick to acquire and although a solid player was not the outside force the Titans thought they were getting. At the end Carter was a DT playing DE at times. Carter spent the whole last season publically stating he wanted to retire as a Titan and then signed within days of being "cut". Carter should have shown Fisher and the Titans some loyality by redoing his contract for less to remain a Titan, like he had been stating all season.

Fred "Twitch" Miller should have taken less to remain a Titan, thankfully he was another greedmonger and signed with the Bears so that he could add Grossman to the list of QBs he has sent to the emergency room.

Rolle should have taken less to remain a Titan because he was no longer playing like an all-pro. He was, for some reason, reduced to grabbing WRs instead of covering them. He appeared to not give one rats chapped hind end his last season as a Titan. Be gone greedmonger.

Mason should have taken less to remain a Titan so that he could remain an effective number 1 WR in the NFL by staying teamed up with McNair. Of course he is now teamed up with Steve in murdermore new home of Greedmonger McNair.

Homcombe is the one guy on this list that I can understand not wanting to take less to remain a Titan. From the outside looking in he appeared to be a team player changing his playing weight to suite the coaches needs. He did sign with KC but I am not sure how much he got on the field for them.

Good riddance to every greedmonger as far as I am concerned.

Titans need to do a much better job of getting FOOTBALL players who want to be Titans instead of athletes who want to get paid by the Titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar