Titans @ Patriots Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i dont know how you can say that, he is playing in a limited role. it's not as though he is playing the entire game with minimal mistakes.

what has he done that qualifies his play as "great"? is it his 4 total tackles this preseason? or his reynaldo hill-esque INT?

after three years as a starter and five years in the league, i dont know why anyone would expect him to all of a sudden be a good S.

the bengals, one of the worst defensive teams in the league, cut him after his rookie year.... that says a lot.

2. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Just watched the game. My high school football equipment guy that also manned our camera on game day was 5x better than the drunk clown that filmed this game.

In addition, the commentary was just unthinkably bad.

That said, I didn't think VY was as bad as earlier reports led me to believe. There were some very good plays on the ball by the Pats D that negated a couple passes, and a few drops by our WRs. However, VY definitely was off aim on 3-5 other passes.

I am still concerned about our lack of a 1st string running game.

The 1st string D was just beastly again, and the special teams are looking pretty special.

The one thing that our D had issues with was defending the screen pass.

Looking forward to next week...

3. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

When Vince is in they are stacking the box.....you aren't going to see much of a running game. We should be able to tell how this season will go when we play the Jags.

4. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Hmmm....I cant wait until we play the jags...

5. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ok you guys keep hating on lamont, but im gonna pull a ryanstitans, Hes playing and you guys can do nothing about it. simple as that.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You are really showing your age aren't you.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Give you a break??? You're defending one of the biggest blunders there can be in the game. Missing that block could have cost VY his season, as well as any missed block. Funny it's really simple, You check inside (the shortest path to the QB), then you check outside, then you release into you're pattern. There was no excuse for him to not see that blitz, hell, like you said earlier...they were blitzing every down. The kid was over enthusiastic and wanted to catch a pass, so he looked inside and didn't bother to check outside. Sorry, but you can't have a break on that one buddy.

8. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Bottom line is Vince was HORRIBLE, he looked worse than his first practice last season. The defense wasn't bad, but laid back a little too often. I thought the DB's overall looked pretty solid, but it just goes to show you how getting pressure on the QB can make average DBs look much better than you are. Chris Brown ran hard, Lendale White is a bee-itch, Chris Henry is very athletic but just needs to catch up with the game speed. Our recievers are suspect at best, but with Vince playing like he did, it wouldn't matter who we had at WR.

I did think Rien Long looked really good, as did Odom and Savage.

9. DCtitan49

DCtitan49 Guest

ok.....sure....cuz your all powerful gunny and rule gotitans.com, im your servant in your imaginary land, o wait thats australia.

10. Ewker

Ewker Starter

DCTitan, shouldn't you be in school

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar