Titans path to a WC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

Pittsburgh is in the same position with Ravens as we are with Texans ... so, have to factor them into the Wild Card race, too. It'll be Ravens/Steelers. But I think it's going to be for us to get a Wild Card. I'd say take the Dolphins out ... they're done after their QB went down. But here's the most likely scenario for these teams, I think:

- Dolphins: beat Jets (maybe), lose to Bills and Pats, finish 9-7
    - Broncos: lose to Pats and lose at least 1 of their remaining division games, finish 9-7
    - Ravens: lose to Pats and Steelers, finish 9-7

If we finish 9-7, then Ravens would win the 4-way tie between us. So, we would need the Ravens to drop an extra game to the Eagles or Bengals, making them 8-8.

It's the same result with Steelers, if Ravens took the AFC North and Steelers were at 9-7, they'd win the 4-way tie.

So, our most direct route to the playoffs is definitely the division, or hoping the Steelers/Ravens lose every week. lol

2. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Rooting for Pittsburgh and Baltimore to lose? No problem. Been doing that for a decade. I am good at it.

• LOL LOL x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Cleveland, Week 17 takes out S***sburgh. It's gonna happen.

4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

You left the Eagles and Bengals out of the Ravens remaining schedule. They do not have to lose out. They can win one of those and lose the other and finish at 8-8.
    Then, if we finish 2-1, we are in.

5. RealestWhiteBoy

RealestWhiteBoy World Champion

I listed the teams I expect them to lose to, which is 2 teams leaving them at 9-7. They should beat the Eagles and Bengals. Of course, should doesn't always happen when playoffs are on the line and you're playing a divisor all rival who are essentially playing in the super bowl, so bengals could get lucky.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar