Titans path to a WC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Thaddeus43, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Winning the Division is the primary path to making the playoffs, and has been discussed a lot.

But, in the event we don't win the division, a WC spot is still very much in play for us.

Raiders/KC have 1 WC spot essentially locked down right now, so that means there will be several teams fighting for that 6th seed.

Den, Mia, and Bal are the 3 teams ahead of us in the WC race. All are at 5 losses (Ravens play tonight). We have a head to head win over 2 of them.

Den (8-5) remaining schedule is brutal. NE, KC, Oak. it is very possible they finish 9-7 or 8-8

Ravens (7-5) play NE tonight, then finish with Phi, Pit, Cincy

Mia (8-5) has the easiest road, but they just lost their QB for the season - jets, bills, Pats.

Winning out wins us the division no matter what. Losing 1 more though would very likely have us a WC spot.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. rekirts

rekirts Starter

Miami is done. As mediocre as Tannehill is Matt Moore is not taking them to the playoffs.

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Pittsburgh is basically even with Baltimore. 8-5. At Cin, home Balt, home Cle. I still have hope that Cleveland goes into that game with a Pitt playoff spot on the line and wins their first game to knock Pitt out. Although that means Cin and Baltimore would likely have to win also.

As pointed out, I think Miami is done with Matt Moore at QB. Denver may not win another game, but they are tough.
    I think Ravens win the North.

4. Thaddeus43

Yeah, Pit /Bal could still go either way. but based on the fact that Bal plays NE tonight, I have Pit the edge

5. Thaddeus43

But if anyone screws up our WC, it will be Pit/Bal.

The fact that we have a head to head win over Mia and now Den could be huge. not sure how a tiebreaker will end up with us and Pit/Bal though

6. Thaddeus43

A NE win tonight would be great though

7. JerseyJef13

JerseyJef13 Starter

unfortunately Balt has a much better Conf record than us. We would have to finish with the better record in order to leap frog them.

I think our best and most realistic shot is winning outright or winning the last 2 games (assuming we lose to KC) and wishing for a huge Xmas present from the Bengals to take care of the Texans on Xmas Eve. that would put us at 9-7 and Hou at 8-8. Indy will lose to Oak so they too would finish 8-8 if they beat Minn and Jax.

8. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Starter

Most likely. But... you never know what kind of things teams rally around.

I like Adam Gase as a coach. This might be the thing that brings those guys together.

9. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agree. Tannehill going down may actually help them because they will rely more on Ajayi. For comparison sake, Dallas uses their run game a lot more with Romo out, it helps they have Elliott, but either way the offensive strategy changed.
    Miami not throwing the ball as much could be a big help for them.

10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It's possible but highly unlikely

Need CIN or JAX to beat HOU

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar