Pre-Game Thread Titans @ Packers Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

The 5-9 Titans come off their less-than-impressive Monday night victory to head to legendary Lambeau Field for Sunday's matchup against the 10-4 Green Bay Packers.

The Packers clinched the NFC North division title last week and secured a home playoff game. But they won't rest any key starters as they're still in the hunt to get a #1 or #2 seed so expect to see lots of Aaron Rodgers and Clay Matthews though Charles Woodson and Jordy Nelson will be out.

The Packers defense will focus on slowing Chris Johnson after allowing Adrian Peterson to gash them for 210 yards a few weeks ago. This puts the pressure squarely on the shoulders of Jake Locker who looked less than stellar at home Monday night.

The Titans have to find a way to maintain drives and keep Rodgers on the sidelines. This will be most challenging with the mixed bag of offensive linemen the Titans have. Add to that rookie Kendall Wright is doubtful with a rib injury he sustained last Monday night. With Jared Cook already sidelined, that means Kenny Britt and Nate Washington are going to have to step up bigger than they have the last few games. The big question is whether or not Locker can do what he hasn't done so far this season by playing well for 60 minutes.

The Titans D has played better the last few weeks but it's been against some awful offensives and this one can get out-of-hand quickly if the secondary gives up a couple of easy TDs early. Colin McCarthy returns which should give them a boost but the key will be the defensive line finding pressure.

The spread as of this post is 12.5 which, IMO, is generous based on the blowouts the Titans have been on the ugly side of this season. The one thing I will be looking for is how hard the Titans play if things go bad. With Munch's future uncertain, the last thing he needs is for the Titans to roll over.

I see nothing but coal in the Titans stocking as the Packers win this one big.

Attached Files:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I'll start this thread off right.

Nooooooooo!

Damn you Griffin.

• High Five High Five x 3
  3. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

hheyyy
    quick question can a double chin grow a double beard

4. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Y'all ready for the upset?!

5. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

I think it helps conceal double chins actually.

6. Parking Lot B

Parking Lot B Stud Duck

Naturally it would be nice if we could sneak out of there with a win, but my real wish is that we don't get embarassed. :anon:

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Tennessee 43 meatslingers 0

8. 520

lol is that your prediction for every game

9. 520

i better not talk anymore bout the double chins my last profile got axed cuz i was too good at chin jokes

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I will be shocked if he gets fired even if we lose out and finish 5-11. And we will likely be 6-10.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar