Titans OTA observations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abe Froman

Abe Froman Sausage King of Chicago

Regardless, a starting NFL running back still has a beer gut.

2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

[​IMG]

^ THAT is an NFL running back?? Look at his freaking shoulders/traps. He has nothing there. That's pathetic.

I haven't lifted a weight in 5 years and I think I have more muscle definition than him.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Well considering health reasons, for you, I hope he is bigger than you; He's probably still stronger than you.

So what if he doesnt look like an NFL running back. He crossed into the endzone 15 times, thats NFL production. So what if he didn't kill the weights this offseason. He's coming in a lot lighter. When he goes through a season after starting it in shape, he will just be motivated even more.

He's having a break out year, resigning with the Titans. And is winning a SB ring with the Titans.

Haters get off his back. He's the most experienced back we have; he has to be a big part of getting us further in the playoffs then we were last year.

J.Ringer may be his eventual replacement, but when you have a two-headed running attack you want a 3 RB that has potential to be a started. Just like in systems that focus on running on the shoulders of one back, you'd like to have a backup that has potential to be the starter.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

if lendale is satisfied with being fat and playing second fiddle throughout the rest of his career, more power to him. but he's been handicapping himself his entire career.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I'm not convinced that only White could have scored those points
    I'd bet, if I were a bettin man, that Chris Johnson could have got it in one way or another ..... some people might see White as getting in the way of Johnson having a 1500 yard / 15 td rookie season

regardless of what his YPC may be or the percentage on 3rd down, that was sick last season .... holes you could drift Freightliners through. it's no wonder somebody pushed the rock through it

he's nice to have, especialy in shape, but he is replaceable

6. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

what I'm wanting to hear is that Chris Johnson is becoming more involved in the passing game.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^Doubt it. Unless he gets someone else's hands.

And you tell Kobayashi! Lendale will never run from a competition!
    [​IMG]

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

[​IMG]

Holy... he has shoulders!

And those Nike TD low cleats that Nate has on are dope.

9. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

How many of the top 50 rushers has 15 rushing TDs as backups?

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Hopefully, the light bulb went on for White. He lack of dedication and production has led to the Titans drafting a RB in the second, first and fifth-rounds since he was drafted. That's not a ringing (no pun intended) endorsement for White even if most teams need two quality RBs these days.

Now, in his contact season, he's likely not going to see the field as much as last year as long as CJ is healthy. When he does, it could be limited to short yardage situations. That isn't exactly the kind of production he'll want going into free agency.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar