Titans OTA observations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

At least he's saying the right things, and so far, looks like he's been doing the right things too. We should be able to use this year to see what he's capable of at his best. If we could get some good production out of him and then trade him, I'd be all for it. However, if we end up keeping him (presuming he's willing to sign for less than premium money), I'm happy too. If we let him walk for nothing, it's harder to deal with.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

OTA reports are always nice in the sense that they're welcome tidbits about the team, but they're bittersweet because they remind me that this month starts the worst three months of the football year. Let the pain begin!

3. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

well said, he was key piece to our success last year, you guys can hate all you want but the numbers speak for itself, not a lot of backups that can put up those kind of numbers.....he will be missed by me thats for sure..fat or in shape..

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

He gets it...scripted or not...he gets it.

The line "you gotta make it a life" or "make a life", that's the one right there.

And let me say, props to any 261-pound guy who out runs any defense in any direction for an 80-yard touchdown. I thought, maybe blindly, he might have been 250 or so.

I hope he continues to take another step forward. Maybe this can be the season he brings it all together.

Again, no jinx here, if CJ went down for the season, even the most unwanting LW supporters would relucant-to-admittedly be glad to have him.

5. guitarjunkie

guitarjunkie We're Screwed...

He's always hungry!

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

not really, it's a matter of getting the carries. out of the 50 top rushers in the league 7 had a lower YPC.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So what?

8. Fry

meaning if you give 43 out of the top 50 backs the carries lendale got you're going to get about the same numbers? hoheff said getting 800 yards was difficult on the amount of carries he got, which apparently it's not. you just have to be in a system when you get the ball over 200 times.

doesn't hurt when 1/10 of your yards come on one run either.

9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

You completely disregard the situations LenDale is routinely called to run in. 3rd and 2 with the line stacked...at the one yard line against a goal line defense, etc. And he had great success last year getting first downs and touchdowns. Still averaged almost 4 yards a carry. I don't know what your problem is.

10. Fry

amazing what one long run can do to an average, isn't it?

take away his short yard carries in the redzone and his long run and you get a much better idea of just how ineffective he was between the 20's, even with a great offensive line.

and i've said a million times chunky has a role on this team; it's being a short yardage and goal line back, but we need someone else to spell CJ between the 20's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar