Titans OTA observations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm just saying that it's harder for him to get as trim as everyone seems to want him to be. Even during the season, when we know he's working out, he's never a "cut" looking guy. He's got a heavy frame. I'm just disputing the people who claim that "anyone can lose weight, it's easy" and the argument that he doesn't work out. Even when we know he's working out, he's never going to be a skinny guy. I made the statements about his ability to lose weight based on the way that he looks during the season, when he's still got a lot of weight on him, though we know he's working.

I'm really glad that he's working harder than he has before, and has lost some weight. I also wish he'd done it sooner. That doesn't mean that he wasn't doing anything before, or that what he has done for this season wasn't very difficult.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

He's only 3 years late to the party.

3. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

It makes a lot of sense, nevertheless I still think Lendale has to work harder than the rest because of his body type.

4. tenforthewin

tenforthewin Camp Fodder

I would hope his goal isn't just to shed pounds, but to get stronger. Him losing weight means he is also losing muscle mass as well as fat. Hopefully he is also hitting the weightroom more these days and adding some muscle.

5. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Possibly....but outside of the fact that he doesn't look chiseled or even remotely cut like your typical NFL running back, what do you have to base your opinion on that he even has a different body type?

Those that are claiming Lendale just doesn't work hard enough have quotes from the coaches, and now Lendale himself that he hasn't worked as hard as he should.

What evidence do you have that it's genetic? Again go back to his USC days...he kept the weight off then, although he still wasn't chiseled, and he was much more explosive because of it.

Remember the articles a couple months ago about how Lendale was training with his uncle, running hills in Denver and trying to get into great shape for this season...look what happened...he lost 20 pounds. The past 2 seasons he's come into camp in the 250-260 range. If he could lose the weight now that means he could have lost it back then, genetics or no genetics. That points to work ethic.

6. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

7. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Because of the "pear" shape of his body, because of what you mentioned about not being cut nor chiseled, and specialy that big gut he has. It just doesn't make sense that with the amount of work that he has had to go through in college and the NFL for his position to have a body like that.

What I understand from "...hasn't worked as hard as he should" is that he worked hard but it wasn't enough to get where everybody wants him to be.

Then again, he was thinner but his body shape was the same. I don´t have any evidence, but through the years (and some reading) I have learned that not all the bodies respond the same to same conditions. Actually with the kind of body that Lendale had last year he shouldn´t have been able to make some of the runs he did.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that these are kids that are making way too much money and in most of the cases they don't understand the responsibilities that come with it. So changing his attitude means that he's headed in the right direction, and hopefully it is because he's finally getting it.

The botom line is that the worst that can be said about Lendale is that he doesn't look the part, and everybody speculates about how much better he could be if he did. I would be happy if he could give us another 8 years with the production he's given us for the last two years.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

:ha:

he couldn't then, not at the weight he was at the last two years. gotitans was talking about the one year as a starter and he just plain could not physically do some of the things you would expect from a starting running back in the nfl.

once again, you either lack common sense or just plain can't comprehend what you read.

i'm looking forward to an in-shape lendale white this season. i'm also looking forward to seeing him hit the market only to realize no one wants to overpay for a fat running back.

9. asus64

asus64 Camp Fodder

Wow! You mean play hurt, gain tough yards and score touchdowns?:gag:

Tell you what I don't understand: How some people find it it impossible to acknowledge somebody's production and contribution to the team's success, only because he doesn't fit the preconceived image of the position.

But let's leave it at that. In one year we'll know if your wish for the chubby boy to fall flat on his face comes true, or if he proves all the haters wrong once again; and if not kept by the Titans we'll find out if somebody else is willing to "overpay" him. :greedy:

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

A bit off topic, but the LW cronies constantly high-fiving each other's posts is pretty funny.

And to from-the-stands, no I don't have a link to the "LenDale White practice archives". I do recall him missing practices in 5 or 6 different weeks at least. A lot more than CJ missed, or any other starter that didn't miss game time for that matter. But with no substantial evidence, you probably won't believe me anyway. So carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar