Titans OTA observations

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

how many times did we have a big play get stopped at the 2 in 2007? that's four tries to get 2 yards.

2. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

Allow me to let you in on a little secret...

(not all the time will an offense lined up inside the 5, punch it in for a score...that includes teams other than the Titans)

3. Fry

i don't know how many times i really have to say it; THERE IS A PLACE FOR LENDALE ON THIS TEAM. it's being a short yardage and goal line back. he's good at it, but scoring 14 tds from within 2 yards does not make him a good running back, it makes him a good role player.

he doesn't break tackles. he doesn't have the speed or burst to be anything but a between the tackles runner. he doesn't catch the ball well at all.

we need someone else to help spell CJ between the 20's because when lendale does it our offense becomes stagnant.

4. hoheff78

hoheff78 Camp Fodder

yeah what about cj? im not taking nothing away from cj....He had a superb rookie year, what i dont get is how you guys try and take all that lendale has done away from him....Cj and Lendale make a good duo...I give lendale credit for what hes done..and i would love for him to stay...I dont think its going to happen but it is what it is...

5. DJB

DJB Starter

No RB does anything alone.....if you are saying Lendale wouldn't be good if the Titans didn't put 10 other guys on the field at the same time then I agree with you.

6. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

it seems that other people on this board feel that certain members of the titans are super human and can do everything on their own. lenwhale is a product of fisherball. while he is a great goal line/short yardage back, he isnt good in the open field or anything outside the 20. now yes, he broke a 80 yard td run. yay...even a blind squirrel finds a nut.

7. DJB

DJB Starter

Yes he is a great goal line/short yardage back.....perfect to go along with CJ who will be getting the majority of the yards outside the 20. Lendale has his role and he does it very whale...I mean well.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Come on, he can do more than that. He did a lot more than that the year before...

I'm not saying that I want him as a #1 back, but he's a perfectly decent RB, a great role player, and a great #2.

9. Fry

no, he really can't. there were several plays that year he tried to break the run outside and just couldn't turn the corner. one against the panthers comes to mind and another against the falcons(the fumble return by d-hall). he's averaged 13 catches a year with us.

he's a good blocker though, too bad he's no threat to create a first down on third and long, so we're forced to put CJ in with his ankle-bitter attempts at blocking.

10. Waylander

Waylander Tongue tied and twisted.

Even though this has went away from OTA's and a Lendale weight/production thread, I'll bite.

Truth is, most of Lendales carries I wouldn't have wanted CJ to have. Sure there are some when he was spelling CJ and LW would get 7 or 8 and I'm thinking, damn CJ would've broken that thing wide open. However, there were plenty of those 3 and short or goal line that LW did get and took a damn beating and I would think, boy I'm glad that wasn't CJ. LW is talented, but I think CJ is special.

I'm not as concerned about his weight as some of the other posters...the good news is one side of the argument will get justified at the end of the next season assuming he has a similar role as he did last year. If his productions the same, then his weight is a non-factor. If he blows last years production up then everyone who said he should have come in his rookie year fit and ready to go will be right. I think age has a lot to do with it and maturity. Who here wasn't a different person at 24 than 21?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar