Titans or Oilers?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dgood, Apr 23, 2007.

?
  1. Yes.....include Oilers stats with Titans

80.4%
  2. No....Two Seperate Teams

19.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

lmao @ a Texans fan being glad any other team is "stuck with" someone or something.
    You're a texans fan. Anything's better than being stuck with the texans as your team. Yes, even being 'stuck' with Bud Adams.

2. Overalls

Overalls Starter

I realize the people of Tennessee want to believe it was about more than money when DUD went there, but it wasn't

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

are you going to quote him or not?

just take the quote and drop it in quote tags... then comment on it. I haven't got all morning. you know that houston was not going to pay for a new stadium. that is what it's about. Go back to 1995 or whatever... even 1987 and build a new stadium in lieu of cheezy upgrades and your precious oilers never go anywhere... I'm still a luke warm Falcons fan and we aren't having this conversation. It's on houston for not putting out... so the oilers got out.

Once they became the Tennessee Oilers I was their new fan.

4. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Homeboy, this is way toooo personal a topic for you. This apparently has struck some kind of nerve with you. You don't have to defend the city of Houston, against Bud. He moved the Oilers/ you guys have the Texans, end of story. Breathe a little and relax. I look at it like this, You actually have a legit opportunity to be a true fan of two teams, live in that moment, smile and enjoy yourself, at least that's until they play eachother, then you have to choose one to root for.

5. Texas_Titan_1

Texas_Titan_1 Camp Fodder

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The great thing about those $67 mill improvements in 87' is that the people of Houston are still paying for them. The bonds they took out will be repaid in 2017.

:rotfl: :woot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houston_Oilers

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Overalls claims the Oilers move was all about money

Now let's take a few minutes to look at the Oilers fan base. This is a long post but it's worth reading because it shows how crap most Houstonians are as fans & that they drove their team away.

Now Texans fans will counter this by claiming that the Oilers only lost their fans when Bud threatened to move. What do the facts say about this?

The Houston fans ranked 22nd in loyalty in the above loyalty rankings over a period of 8 years. How did the team perform during this period?

The Oilers record during the ranking period is pretty good but what's shocking is that the Oilers were a playoff team for seven straight years from 87-93. Their loyalty ranking is extremely poor considering their record.

87' 9-6
    88' 10-6
    89' 9-7
    90' 9-7
    91' 11-5
    92' 10-6
    93' 12-4
    94' 2-14
    95' 7-9
    96' 8-8

The Oilers may have blown it numerous times in those play off years but to get there for seven straight years was a heck of a run. Maybe the reason they couldn't make it to the big show was because their fans sucked.

The Houston fans didn't deserve to keep such a great team. For those young Titan fans who aren't familiar with what Houston threw away here's a nice vid of my man Ray Childress & his team mates wreaking havoc in 92'.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZCqQ1NV5oo"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iZCqQ1NV5oo" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    video courtesy of titanbuoy

We should be grateful to the fools in Houston that drove it's team away to a happier place. Don't be too hard on Overalls, I know for a fact that he was one of the 20,000 or so fans that still supported them right up until their last game in Houston.

Ps: FYI the god that is Ray Childress was born in Memphis.:))

8. V-MAN

V-MAN I still believe

Nice post Childress. You were right on with that one.

I wouldn't be too hard on Overalls either. I know his heart was with the Oilers then. Unfortunately what Overalls can't fathom is that some fans of the Oilers actually followed the team.

I was actually living in Nashville at the time of the move. I was so upset that they were moving it was difficult, but then I was happy for the team because I knew that TN had a great fan base of football fans. And TN has proven that every year with constant sellouts.

Houston struggled to sell out games. Here you have a team with Moon, Jeffires, Givins, Childress, McDowell, Dishman, Lathon, and many more. Trust me when I say the Oilers had talent. But for some reason Houston struggled to sell out games. I remember when we had Monday night games and television stations would have to buy several thousand tickets just so the game could be aired locally. (The root problem for this I truly believe was Bud dropping Bum, and trading Campbell)

I try to shy away from these types of posts because it does bring back memories (both good and bad). But the bottom line is that myself, Childress, and others who have posted chose to follow the team they love.

Overalls just has to one day respect our decision and either move on or come home to the Oilers/Titans.

9. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Or on behalf of the Saints, thanks for not taking Reggie Bush :grrhee:

10. Sledge

Sledge Guest

Blanda, Billy Cannon, Ken Houston, Carl Mauck, Gregg Bingham, Haywood Jeffries, Billy Johnson, Elvin Bethea, Curley Culp, Ray Childress, Blaine Bishop... There's tons more "good" players, I could go for 3 pages...

Now, you were sayin?

Were you being sarcastic? Cuz if you were, I'll delete this post :ha:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar