Titans on top, Colts rising in power rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Nov 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky Consecutive wins over the Patriots and the Steelers have the Colts on the rise in this edition of our NFL power rankings which came out this afternoon. Indianapolis is up to 10th from 15th.

I just played with some numbers out of the rankings and came up with these for the AFC South:

• Tennessee's nine wins have come over teams with an average rank of 20.1.

• Indianapolis' five wins have come over teams with an average rank of 13.2, while its average loss has come at the hands of teams that averaged 14.5.

• Jacksonville's four wins have come over teams with an average rank of 21.5, while its average loss has come at the hands of teams that averaged 15.2.

• Houston's three wins have come over teams with an average rank of 25.6, while its average loss has come at the hands of teams that averaged 11.2.
    Here is the weekly breakdown of the AFC South:

AFC South Power Rankings
    RankTeamKuharsky
    Last Week
    Kuharsky
    This WeekPanel HighPanel Low1Tennessee111210
    Indianapolis14
    Jacksonville21
    25Houston2525
    2227 My rationale on the teams where I was the highest or lowest vote touches on two teams this week: Miami is 15th and I have the Dolphins 18th. I bumped them up two slots off the win over miserable Seattle, but like the direction they are going. They could easily win this week against Oakland and next week against New England and they'll be climbing the charts if they do.

Dallas is 16th and I have the Cowboys 20th. I felt Miami and Minnesota deserved to move ahead of Dallas based on their wins last weekend.

As always, here's a link to an excellent breakdown of the voting by NFC West maven Mike Sando.

More...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar