Titans on the Clock

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

^ok, wasn't sure ... Steve did start 6 games prior to his 3rd year
    in 1997 (his 3rd year) he did start all 16 games

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Rebel, no it was 2 years and he wasn't playing all the time. I think mcnair's 2 years on the bench to learn is still fair considering where he went to school.

3. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

Steve also had the benifit of having a Prime Eddie, a very, very good Wycheck and a Mason. VY has a good Lendale, and up till now that has been it. I have hope that Crumpler will be VY's Wycheck, and that Lendale will actually show up in shape rather than play his way into it.

4. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

Roll, Steve played four years in college, started his third in the NFL. VY played three in college, started his first year. Gives McNair 3 more years of experience than VY had when he became the starting QB for the Titans.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

:thumb:

This is it exactly. For every Vince critic, whether it's because he is going back to college or throwing passes last season that looked like they were just prayers (at best), this is the other side of it.

Vince can practice 24/7 from our last snap of last season to next season, and it's not going to matter if he doesn't have real weapons to work with. He can scramble to buy time when pressure comes from opposing DL, but if the receivers can't get seperation then he's not going to be a successful QB.

If Vince doesn't get some playmaking help, it's just not going to matter what he does, he can't succeed. So far, I hope Crumpler is enough.

The scary future scenario that is starting to seem more like a real possibility, is the Titans giving up on VY in 1-2 seasons, and then seeing him become a good/great/all-pro QB somewhere else where they have other talent on offense.

6. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Don't be suprised if we jump on a RB with our 1st pick. I expect to see us go DT, DE or CB but I would not be shocked if they fool everyone with a RB. What will that say to White & Henry?

7. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

I think this has been covered in numerous threads, but it would be an ominous sign for probably White. However, it won't happen.

8. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

People can get on VY all they want for not practicing but it doesn't do much help to practice alone.

Our WR's could use some....I mean a lot of practice. So whose to say the WR's aren't at blame as much as VY is. I don't blame VY I think it's great that he went back to get his degree. I don't know how you blame a young man for going back to college to get an education, I commend it.

But if you want to talk practice andd blame VY for not getting the upper hand don't look at him his WR's are just as accountable as he is for practicing. It doesn't help to practice apart from the people you play with. You can get work done but not the big picture.

Maybe he said hey half these guys are gone by the season so why start now...............think about it.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I think we done signed the best Weapon Vince can have and thats Alge Crumpler. he will lead the team in catches no matter what WR we get.

10. Yossarian

Yossarian I am Him.

In Hemi's offense you're probably right, should be a fun season watching the two of them hooking of for TD after TD. (I hope :hyper:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar