Titans on the Clock

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Riverman, Mar 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

maybe, maybe not. that was in june.....after the draft and the conditioning program and well after the spring semester at texas was over.

THERE'S STILL TIME PEOPLE!

2. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

Last year he was being praised for his work ethic and leadership because he began doing workouts in early june. Now he's being bashed for not working out in march.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

^because he sucked last year, and is taking more time away. Plus, he came off as extremely stubborn this year. A side we hadn't seen.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

If we don't draft a WR in either the first or second round this year, then I guess the plan is to draft a QB in the first or second round next year.

5. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

comparing the beginning of their careers
    Vince = 30 games (2years) 4745yds / 21 passing TD's - 10 rushing TD's
    McNair = 29 games (3years) 4431yds / 23 passing TD's - 10 rushing TD's
    the biggest difference is the INT ratio

something to consider here is that Steve was consider a very prolific passer coming out of college, Vince was not

6. Fry

steve was a third year player, wasn't he?

7. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

not sure what you mean
    but Steve didn't see regular action until his 3rd year
    he got some cameos and mop-ups 1-2
    Steve benefited from not having to shoulder the load the entire game
    coming in after 1st units were either tired or on sidelines

the reason for my comparison is to show those who have doubts is that Vince is not far off from where Steve was at similar points in their careers
    except Steve did have the benefit of an extra season

8. Rebel Titan

Rebel Titan Oiler Cannon Ball

McNair had three years more playing time than VY had before becoming the starting QB.

9. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Balmer looks the part, but if absolutely had to draft a DT in one, I'd probably just reach down and take Laws over Balmer. I hope neither happens, though. Laws would be a serious consideration if we traded out of one, however. I'd be surprised if he was there at our pick in the second.

10. Fry

that's what i meant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar