titans on sunday night?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. that would be sick when we beat them in front of the whole nation

2. I thought that the sunday night game was the main one that everyone watches now?...

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

I also say we play the colts on MNF regardless of how bad we end this season.
    But I think if we win atleast 3 of our last four this season we might get two appearances. I've got a feeling we might get to face the chargers next year on MNF.

4. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Basically what happened was that in the last TV contract, ESPN lost Sunday Night games to NBC. So since Disney owns both ESPN and ABC they switched MNF to ESPN. ABC has basically given their sports dept over to ESPN.

I don't think MNF will really be the same with it switching over to cable, it is no longer the institue that allowed anyone to watch as long as they had a TV,

But hey.. its still Monday Night Football! It'll be back to normal soon enough after the current contract expires.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think next year we'll get two prime time games automatically, maybe one MNF and one preset sunday night. If we play well, I hope we get a sunday nighter picked up. Nice to have some attention!

I think we won't get picked up for sunday night games this season because it's too far away and there are more reliable options. If the titans lost to houston and the jags, neither of our last two games would be nationally interesting.

6. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

for the sake of Houstonians, i hope not..
    that would cause the city of houston to suffer a 71.8% increase in the suicide rate overnight..

:hang:

7. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

SNF is actually becoming more prestigious, and of course it's on National TV, where ESPN is still cable or satellite. Their games have been much better too. Madden still gives the game more credibilty, where the MNF guys are doing a talk show interrupted by a football game.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

They're doing it right on Sunday nights. The flex games are great, even though they missed the mark on one because Mcnabb got hurt. I'm pumped for tonight's game, GO Saints!

But at the moment, GO TITANS!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar