titans on sunday night?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by zackmann, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The Jets won't lose three against that sched and the 2nd or 3rd hottest team in AFC right now is probably Cincy, who will do no worse than split their 4 games...

2. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Looks like half of the AFC needs to lose 3/4ths of their remaining games AND WE'RE IN BAYBEEE!!

3. Sunshine

Sunshine Camp Fodder

I sure do. That's the coldest Titans game I've attended.

4. ezeblazin

ezeblazin Starter

They will probably decide the the last sunday night game after week 15, which means we will be 7-7 at best and NOT be playing on sunday night.

The good thing is, if we finish 9-7 this year, wether or not we make the playoffs, we are guaranteed at least one primetime game next year. Not only that, but a lot of people will be talking playoffs, and it will be a fun offseason in TN.

5. moose4now

moose4now Starter

That'd be sweet.

6. Nine

Nine Starter

It's all about playoff implications; if by some miracle, the Titans and Pats are both in the running, then there's a very good chance it could happen. However, since this is quite unlikely, there are a number of games that NBC would likely deem "more attractive to a national audience"....

SUNDAY, DECEMBER 31

BUFFALO AT BALTIMORE
    GREEN BAY AT CHICAGO 1 p.m. (classic rivalry; Favre's farewell?)
    PITTSBURGH AT CINCINNATI 1 p.m. (another classic rivalry)DETROIT AT DALLAS 1 p.m.
    CLEVELAND AT HOUSTON 1 p.m.
    MIAMI AT INDIANAPOLIS 1 p.m.
    JACKSONVILLE AT KANSAS CITY 1 p.m. (Jags & Chiefs are both in the hunt)ST. LOUIS AT MINNESOTA 1 p.m.
    CAROLINA AT NEW ORLEANS 1 p.m. (Panthers are still in the hunt)
    OAKLAND AT N.Y. JETS 1 p.m.
    ATLANTA AT PHILADELPHIA 1 p.m.
    SEATTLE AT TAMPA BAY 1 p.m.
    NEW ENGLAND AT TENNESSEE 1 p.m.
    SAN FRANCISCO AT DENVER 4:15 p.m.
    ARIZONA AT SAN DIEGO 4:15 p.m.

The fact that we're facing the Pats works to our favor; people love Tom Brady, and VY is quickly moving the Titans into the national spotlight.

NBC will probably announce their decision this week or next, so there's not a lot of time to influence them. Fortunately, VY is coming off a couple of very solid performances, and there's a healthy buzz about the Titans right now. If we have a strong showing against the Texans this weekend and VY lights it up, then we might just be in for a very pleasant surprise. :yes:

7. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Monday Night Football

National TV!!

Watching our boys in blue light up the Monday Night skies infront of millions of fans.. all that flare and glare.. I can't wait!

Or is it too soon for that?

Has VY already earned us a spot or two for next season or will they pass on us again for the second consecutive year?

Here's an interesting fact.. between 2000-2004, Tennessee appeared on MNF 10 times. Only Philli, Greenbay and St.Louis had more MNF appearances during that five year period. Not bad.

But what about 2007.. I'm sure VY's electrifying play nature should earn us some Monday night consideration even though our win pct this season might be below .500

8. Oh man, you had me on the edge of my seat with those 3 sentences, I thought it was for real!...

But yeah, I think we'll have a MNF match next year for sure, VY brings in viewers...

9. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

IMO the Music City Meltdown & the Music City Missile have guaranteed us at least one spot :yes:

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

They will have us on a road game.

Watch it be @IND.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar