Titans on ESPN

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan769, Mar 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

32 Teams in 32 Days covered the titans tonight. Some of the things they talked about.

Haynesworth: how important it was that we slap that franny on him. How dominant he is going to be for years to come.

Vince Young: They mentioned a sophmore slump....idk about that. Basically the one analyst said that Vince was haunted by his quad inj. and lack of of a vertical offense.

Alge Crumpler: Big upgrade when it comes to the passing game and the running game. Promising vet that gets it done.

Pacman Jones: One word...jail lol

Michael Griffin: Promising young player, held his own all year.

Mel Kiper also mentioned two possibilities for the first round of the draft... Jerod Mayo ILB or Devon Thomas WR

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Kiper is an idiot. If we draft an MLB with our first pick, MR should definitely pack his bags.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'd like Mayo if somehow he fell to the second round, but I agree with you. Our first round pick, this year, needs to be an immediate contributor, imo.

4. moose4now

moose4now Starter

...and, that would be a WR.

5. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Rookie 1st round WR are only moderately impactful in their rookie years maybe 25% of the time (defined as greater than 500 yards receiving).

It is rather unlikely that we can draft one and get significant impact in year 1.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I dont think we will go WR.

7. titansfan769

titansfan769 Starter

i personally think that MR is gonna sign Darrell Jackson. Then i think he drafts either DE, DT, RB, or CB. Why use a draft pick on a WR, when u can get a good WR from free agency. We could use Jerod Mayo, but not in the first round. We have a solid LB core, Keith Bulluck holds it down, we have way more problems to fill before LB. We will draft LB dont get me wrong, just not in the first 2 rounds.

8. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

The problem generally is that in college, the skills you need to be an impact WR are more physical - speed, hands, and size will pretty much make you a reat college WR. But as we've seen too often, in the pros you need all those PLUS the ability to read a defense and adjust your routes to find the soft spots in a zone, or to completely change your route based on how the DBs are lining up. It's that mental leap that makes rookie QBs struggle, and WRs tend to have the same problems.

That said, I'm all for drafting a WR in the 1st round as long as they are the BPA. Vince's play and Dinger's play-calling will be the 2 most important factors in how our offense improves this year. A WR isn't going to come in and magically turn the Titans into the Colts, so drafting a good prospect that will impact over the next 5-7 years would be great even if they sit on the bench most of the coming year.

9. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

Wouldn't surprise me at all. There will be a lot of roster moves over the next several months as teams adjust to their FA acquisitions and look to the draft. MR will be active in bringing in those guys.

10. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

like who ?
    there are no "good" WR's available
    we might get lucky and get a training camp casualty
    or some trade may happen that we are not privy to
    but as deep as this draft is in WR and the fact that the position is led by Justin Gage, there will be a pick or maybe even a few spent on WR

I'd really like to see a depth chart that lists Gage as our #3 ... not our #1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar