Titans-Oilers most elusive runner

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by PhiSlammaJamma, Aug 6, 2007.

?

Titans and Oilers most elusive runner

Poll closed Sep 5, 2007.
  1. Derrick Mason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Earl Campbell

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Pac Man Jones

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  4. Billy White Shoes Johnson

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  5. Vince Young

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  6. Mel Gray

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  7. Carl Roaches

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Ernest Givins

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  9. Steve McNair

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  10. Eddie George

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Go ahead and rank them here...I probably have left someone off the list, but feel free to include them in the ranks. This is pretty close poll I think. We've had a lot of very good to great elusive runners, but nobody like a Barry Sanders. Many damn good ones tho'.

2. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

1 Adam Jones
    2 Ernest Givens
    3 Derrick Mason

The only ones of note that spring to my mind.

3. Vince is darn good at sidestepping and juking guys, but i dont think that hes got the COD skills that Pacman does, ive never seen anyone be able to do anything like that EVER!

4. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Billy was clearly the most elusive in my view.

I was so excited when Mel Gray joined the team, but he didn't produce for us anything like he did when he was at Detroit.

I'd rank top 3 as:

Billy
    Pac Man
    Mel Gray.

5. titanbuoy

titanbuoy medium rare ®

Carl Roaches! :ha: You know you're a geek for this franchise when you remember Carl Roaches.

How come Carl's sidekick Willie Tullis got no love? :))

White Shoes got my vote.

6. Titanpride

Titanpride Insider

One player that should be on that list... is Gary Brown. He probably has one of the greatest, if not the greatest highlite films of any Oiler ( argument Campbell ). Another player to consider is Allen Pickett.

7. moose4now

moose4now Starter

1. Givens
    2. White Shoes Johnson
    3. Pacman
    4. Mason
    5. Young

8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this guy never even made the team (iirc)
    I just remember a pre-season game vs. Green Bay where Ronald McClendon had the Packers running around in circles. I recall everyone on our sidelines trippin in awe of this guy - they just couldn't catch him... I'm surprised we didn't keep him

9. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Ahh Goldy......

10. OILERTATTOO

OILERTATTOO Starter

I agree 100% with this.

Ernest and Derrick were almost carbon copies of each other. But Ernest was also extremely TOUGH. For a little guy, he had no fear going over the middle and often paid the price for such.

Since I have been following the team ('78). I have never seen a more elusive player in an Oilers/Titan uni than Pac Man Jones.

Later

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar