Titans/Oiler franchise needs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Dec 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

9 wins to break .500 all time

Currently the franchise is 370 - 379 (.494%).

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

and, for comparison, the Texans are 48 - 79 all time with the lowest winning percentage of any active team

3. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

What this franchise needs is a serious makeover. Clean it out top to bottom. Start anew.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

True story. Mostly this team needs new scouts, new head coach, and a new strength training program. My high school team once invested a lot of extra energy in a similar program during the off season. It basically helped us stay healthy during the fall. That season we had 2 or 3 injuries. No strains, tears, or anything significant except 1 concussion and one broken arm.. Not hardly a single cramp. The Titans whole team needs to improve here. Too too many hammy issues in TN. Too many shoulder issues, too much BS. These things shouldn't effect a team like us. Completely eliminating injuries would win us another 2 or 3 games.

5. AH3

AH3 Rookie

New scouts? We actually have drafted pretty well in my opinion. I'd say definitely in the top 10 of the league. Getting Finnegan late, CJ when nobody expected him to be this good, etc. Besides, a lot of it has to do with how the player progresses under the coaching, not just on raw talent or potential.

6. JCBRAVE

Cortland is good because of 2 people. Himself and Nick Harper. No coach brought him along, he just showed up from nowhere. I don't give the scouts any credit for that.

C.J. was a good grab. He may have lasted til the mid 2nd round, but don't chance it, grab a 4.24 40 guy early.

If our scouts are so good (top 10 good) then what happened to our entire 2004 rookie class? Where are our 1st picks Andre Woolfolk, Ben Troupe, and Adam (Pacman) Jones?

I'd say the scouts did good in 2005 getting Roos 2nd round, Stewart 4th round, and Scaife in the 6th round. If they hadn't completely misjudged Pacman, then 2005 would be a golden year.

7. AH3

AH3 Rookie

I didn't say they were perfect, but which scouts are? Every team has busts and finds some gems in late rounds. We have a lot of talent without having to go after big name free agents every year.

Who knows why we got Finnegan or what they saw in him, but the bottom line is that we got him and he's a stud.

The CJ pick was a great move, as were the others you mentioned.

Pacman was a bust, but he was a good player. His personal problems were his downfall. I think we realized the risk and it simply ended up biting us.

Bottom line is that we have done pretty good, especially in later rounds. Our problems this year have come from playing the wrong people, not from having a lack of talent. Though I wouldn't mind adding a bit more talent in the offseason :ha:

8. JCBRAVE

Okay to be fair and move past the scouting issue, lets agree they do good at times, but could be better.

9. AH3

AH3 Rookie

Hahaha sounds good to me. I'm all for whatever will bring us closer to a super bowl. If it takes a complete makeover, then bring on the change!

10. el_darax

el_darax Camp Fodder

Hey hey hey now....Pac was freakin' awesome!

It's just that he had ..... "issues" :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar