Titans Offseason Positional Analysis: Running Backs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo how dumb..

1. I was correcting a poster who put up 100% absolutely false stats that lendale white's longest run was only 15 yards. Well was it 15 yards genius? No your own link says he ran for 4 runs over 20 yards.

2. Well good for you. You discovered nfl.com. Where in the flying crap do you think i get all my stats???

3. Tanks for illustrating my earlier point. No redskin fan is suggesting the team run out and draft a faster quicker back than clinton portis who didn't have as many long runs as white had. colt fans are not up in arms that addai had half as many long runs as lendale.

Reggie bush the epitome of this so called breakaway back an fing 2nd pick had fewer long runs than lendale white. Comprende senor clueless? Reggie bush runs a 4 second 40, lendale white runs a 4 minute 40 but lendale had more long runs!

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Pathetic bobo.

You challenge my accurate data but when a poster comes on here and posts something absolutely 100% false you sit on your arse and don't care. Why didn't you challenge the 15 yard BS or was that actually you posting with a different name?

3. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

A speed back power back revelation..

Chester taylor averaged one 20+ yard run in every 62 carries while a raven.

Chester taylor as a viking has averaged a 20+ yard run every 32 carries.

So what accounts for the change?

1. He filled his arteries with helium and is now 50 pounds lighter?

2. He took some secret pills that made him faster?

3. He plays in a different system and better o-line?

And the answer is? Duh.. According to some posters here chester taylor is now a speedy quick guy who would love to be a titan.. Let's give up a first rd pick for him so we can finally have that ultimate change of pace back!

4. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Roll tide stuck on a stat, imagine that. You're trying to make a comparison about 20+ yard runs, which is pointless. Our starter is probably the slowest starting back in the league. That's led to wide open lanes that he either did not get to in time for big yards, or when he was in the open field he was caught too quickly.

You are right, Skins and Colts fans aren't complaining about wanting new starters. They are smart enough to know better than to go just by a 20+ yard stat. Those backs are simply better, I don't have to look at stats to see that. Ronnie Brown is better too. Jones is the only guy who I think is comparable to LW. But just keep looking at the numbers, hell don't even watch the games (hmm....do you anyway?)

I didn't challenge you're data :ha: I didn't sit on my *** and do nothing....as if that matters one way or the other. Who am I? The GoTitans truth police? Get real, and the realize it was I who gave the freakin link that showed the truth :yes: Yeah, that was me posting under another name anyway, I have an alter ego. The old Roll Tide red herring, another classic.

5. Ubiq

Ubiq BAMF

Only 2 200+ carry backs averaged less YPC than LenDale. Thomas Jones & DeShaun Foster.

Efficiency is the issue here, and LenDale is plopped right down there at the bottom of the pile.

Our line has the ability to produce gaudy numbers on the ground, but doesn't. It's like a hybrid car getting 10 MPG. :rolleyes:

6. T. Jackson is a better passer than Vince....

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You sure about that? Benji olson is about to retire because he is tired of playing with a bad back. How good was he this year with that bad back that made the 32 year old play more like he was 35.

Mawae was 36 this year and also had injury problems.

This line was not as solid as it was in 06 when henry put up those nice numbers.

Then there is the common sense reality that we were not a balanced offense and teams stack the line of scrimage.

Lendale's numbers per carry are similar to eddie george in his prime. In eddie's prime years 1996-2000 he averaged 3.8 yards a carry. So far lendale white in his career has averaged 3.8 yards a carry so what is the problem?

8. Bobo

Bobo Guest

No he isn't....

9. Bobo

Bobo Guest

Rolltide, you're asking questions. How good was he this year with his back? Did you not watch the games? Then you put into question how Mawae played. Again, did you not watch the games? I've watched, recorded, then rewatched every game for several years. Benji and Mawae looked to me just like they did last year. Same strengths, same weaknesses. Overall both solid players still.

And when those two guys missed time, the guys that replaced them (Amano and Loper) were both solid as well. I was very happy to see how solid Loper was in fact. Did you even notice?

Where was our awesome passing attack in 06? Teams stacked the line against Henry just like they did against Lendale.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bobo, i thought olson was terrible in 05, average in 06 and maybe average for half this season. But he does seem to be going down hill and had some bad games.

Mawae at this stage of his career is average. He went to 6 pro bowls from 98-04 when he was 27-33 years old. Why has he not been to a pro bowl since? Why did the jets let him get away? Because he isn't that pro bowl caliber guy any longer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar