Titans Offseason Positional Analysis: Defensive End

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Titans defensive ends were extremely productive in 2007. For the first time since they were drafted, Antwan Odom and Travis LaBoy stayed fairly healthy and they, along with another outstanding season by Kyle Vanden Bosch, combined for 26 sacks. It was one of the better performances from the DE position in franchise history.

However, it's extremely unlikely the group will remain together in '08 and there could be a new face opposite KVB next season.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

Question is are we gonna get any of them back now

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

I still like the sound of Justin Smith. He would be a great complement for KVB and might not be too expensive. Smith didn't do much this past season, but he was working on a terrible line with the worst DTs in the league.

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

We could try to keep Odom in nashville Laboy stays hurt constantly, what about Alex Brown from the Bears anyone?

5. 32Tyler10

32Tyler10 Camp Fodder

I believe Antwan will definitely be gone. Some team will offer him more money then what the Titans will want to fork out. It doesn’t make sense for us to sign him back at 6-7 million a year because he just hasn’t proved himself for long enough. I think an average DE would fit right in and do the same things Odom done for us last year, playing opposite of KVB & Big Al.

6. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I agree...Odom will be gone. I think we'll keep Laboy and bring on some mediocre vet. I like the idea, however, of aquiring (via trade or draft or FA) another bad arse anchor of a DT. The more attention we demand in the middle, the better it will make our DE's.

7. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Is there any reason we wouldn't franchise Odom? Regardless of whether or not AH is franchised, and our future plans for the DE position, wouldn't we still have plenty of cap room to franchise Odom?

This is the route I hope we go. That way we can focus on other areas of need more this offseason.

It would be nice to have LaBoy for situational purposes, but I don't think its a major loss if he signs elsewhere.

8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Agreed. Justin Smith had a down year but would be an excellent addition to the squad and is just as good as Odom. Could be comparatively affordable too.

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Well, for one, you can't look at it regardless of what we do with AH. You can't franchise them both.

10. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Oh, so can't franchise more than one player?

My bad, me dumb.

In that case, yeah we'll probably let Odom walk. Guess it would be good if we sign AH long-term and are able to franchise Odom. Although truthfully I'd like to see AH franchised for this next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar