Titans officially name Mularkey, LeBeau assistant head coaches

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Trying to improve the team is a good thing

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Certainly not. I could see it working. I just wanted to point out that it's unusual. I don't think it's the slam dunk many of you seem to, but in no way do I hate it.

3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I didn't say these moves were slam dunks, thought Ive been clear on that. But I absolutely dont hate them at all, all productive February business moves.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I would like to imagine the Titans at least talked to Horton about the move. As the OC, don't care. Whisenhunt calls the plays anyway.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Whiz, malarkey, lebeau and horton are a very talented bunch. If we do not win, it is not for lack of coaching. It is either talent on the field or front office.....both of which lead back to Ruston. I hope our gm begins to look...

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I agree, but I don't have a problem with it.

Jason Michael was a fake OC to begin with. Whiz is still essentially the OC. Horton was a disappointment and having LeBeau around will help him.

First order of business is finding better players to fit the 3-4, of course.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The Steelers had the #1 defense under LeBeau, 5 times in 12 years. I'll take it.

The thing I'm most excited about it getting LeBeau's eyes on some of these prospects. You hear people in the NFL refer to some of the Steelers players as "a LeBeau guy." Those are the kind of guys we need on defense.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Its all about the LB's now, look for us to really bulk up at LB, cause most of ours suck

if you have the LB's you can really run the 3-4 properly

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
  9. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Without solid LB's that can hit the gaps, tackle, and cover, you are in BIG trouble in the 3-4. Hence, 2-14 and an offense that didn't help either.

10. memphis_raven

memphis_raven Starter

Exactly right. Look at the reason Pitt's D declined so much the last couple of years. They just don't have those run stuffers on the interior like they had in prior years. Worilds regressed and the play action worked against them.

It won't happen overnight but he sure as hell knows how to build a D and those green dog blitzes are fun to watch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar