Titans officially name Mularkey, LeBeau assistant head coaches

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 5, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Seems to me like the Titans basically just demoted both their offensive and defensive coordinators but didn't have the balls to actually do it.

Cool. Not dysfunctional at all.

2. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

The Tennessee Steelers

• High Five High Five x 4
    • LOL LOL x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  3. titans1839

titans1839 Starter

I think it is fine. We were awful running the ball and our OC is really just helping implement the scheme to the offense from Whiz. They both are about throwing the ball, not a lot of knowledge in running the ball. Mularkey does, so its a small reward for him not leaving and going to help us. Same with Lebeau, might be a small shot at Horton, but if was any decent last year, we wouldn't need him. Have LeBeau for a year to help straighten it out. Win/Win in my book, don't really care how Horton feels.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

The wannabe Steelers.

5. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Bingo was his name-o!

6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We might be a dysfunctional organization, but I don't see how these moves are dysfunctional.

Doesn't necessarily make us any better, but adding LeBeau can only help.

Unfortunately he can't help the OL.

7. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

It may not mean anything, but it's certainly not normal practice in the NFL to insert a level of power between head coach and coordinator. Teams don't really do that, but the Titans just did. In essence, the Titans just demoted their coordinators.

In my opinion, teams should have a clear power structure. GM - Head Coach - Coordinators - Position coaches.

When you just invent new levels in the org chart, that's a sign you have lost control and are just making stuff up as you go along.

• High Five High Five x 5
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Just having a few moves involving higher profile coaches like Dick has to have an effect of certain FA's that are going to shake loose in the coming weeks.
    Just read how Cincy will not likely throw maturing contract money at Leon Hall and he's likely to be released. Dick Lebeau is a name a guy like him would definitely respect..

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

It definitely isn't the norm, but do you really hate this?

#9 JCBRAVE, Feb 5, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Or taking advantage of opportunities when they arise..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar