Titans Offered Sixth-Rounder for Volek

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Among the teams who have expressed interest in trading for QB Billy Volek have been the Chiefs, Raiders and Chargers. The Chargers have reportly offered a sixth-round pick for him though negotiations with San Diego won't heat up again until after the two teams play Sunday. "We are working on a few things, but right now I am a Titan and am going to try and help my teammates out," Volek said. "A lot of teams are looking for a standout quarterback who has good character." Volek declined comment when asked if a deal with the Chargers had already been worked out pending the completion of Sunday's game.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

Good to see he's kept his humility in tact through all of this.

3. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

My granny is worth a 6th rounder and she's got turf toe.

1 million roster bonus- 6th round pick. Nice job Floyd.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

release him and get nothing?

5. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

should have worked this out before the roster bonus was due. don't forget they shopped him a while back- rumor was Jets looking to trade 2nd or 3rd round

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

7. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

What about this new CB we've got? (I think he's good) What round was he drafted in? 7th? There may be a player for us in the draft. 1 million dollar roster bonus? So what? We have something like 11 million in dead money, maybe more. Next year we are going to have the ability to field a better team. I just want Volek gone so I do not have to read threads about him. I honestly do wish Volek well here and do hope he is successful wherever he lands. I agree with the majority of you that Billy got the shaft, but I've tought ever since the signs were indicating that they were going to stick with Collins that Volek was the type to cling to the job and not do jack for VY where KC will really help our franchise qb of the future out. Let's not get over emotional about this.

8. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

On the surface that would be right but does anyone feel like this D (schwarzie's) will offer anything more than token resistance to LT. I would keep him rather accept a 6th, at least get a player that can help now. An O lineman, even a special teams player type or some combination.

9. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It's not a million dollar roster bonus..

The roster bonus is $500,000. the salary is a million. Of course the salary is paid on an incremental basis so we don't have to worry about that. So far we have only paid 1/16 of the salary. The salary is only an issue had we dropped volek after sunday and nobody picked him up we would still be issuing a paycheck of $62.500 a week for a guy not even on the team. Obviously if we trade him his new team picks up that tab.

I don't see much value in trading him. What if collins tore up a knee this sunday against the chargers? We would at the very least need a backup for vince young. Volek is already counting against the cap we save nothing there so the only issue is whether they want to pay him that 62K every week for a third string guy and what we maybe could get for him in a trade..

Is jeff fisher so stubborn that even if volek was to keep his mouth shut and work hard in the coming weeks and collins continued to suck that volek can't ever, ever, ever play for this team? Is the situation that bad?

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Realistically the 6th round pick is about what we expected. I'd have like to see BV traded for someone who can help the team now but the fact is his value isn't enough to make that happen.

I won't forget the way he played in 04' & I wish him well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar