Titans offense Roundtable

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

I have to say, I'm much more concerned about our defense than our offense. We have some weapons and we're in a QB rebuilding year so I'll take what they give me. If this defense doesn't start to gel and show dramatic improvement from last year I'm gonna start to get frustrated.

2. H Man

H Man Guest

Has the Bi-Polar affliction engaged? Snap out of it, Man. Yes, yes :yes: :yes:

3. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

Ummmmmm.
    I must apologize for doing an Offense Roundtable and adding DBs to the list. What a brain fart. Thinking how our WRs would hold up against our own DBs got me severly sidetracked. But any way..........
    H Man, quote, "people that THINK Volek won't last are the pinhead experts on ESPN, and the like". Pinhead? Me? Naahhhhh! Rumors. Pinhead expert, oxymoron!
    Bulluck Fan, quote, "but to accuse others of being unrealistic is a bit unfair". I don't remember calling anyone 'unrealistic', if I did, apology to him.
    Bulluck Fan, quote, "Being cynical doesn't make you more observant or intelligent". As the post reads; "Here's the truth about our offense (as I see it);" <u>"as I see it"</u> Just my opinion, nothing else.
    Bulluck Fan, quote, "I'm reserving judgment until I see these guys play in the preseason." By then, hopefully, there will be no questions as to who will start on the OL and where. By adding the vet Center to our rooster will add some experience and leadership.
    H Man, quote, "Furthermore, you don't call it like it is. You call it like you percieve it to be". You are exactly right! "Your negative perception doesn't make it reality". .....But it's "as I see it", negative or positive. Volek is a questionable STARTER, right? or wrong? Did our RBs produce last year? Is there any uncertainty on our OL? Our 2006 starting QB and RBs <u>more than likely</u> will not start in 2007. Negative perception?
    Dangermode, quote, "I'm much more concerned about our defense than our offense." I think our defense has made the biggest jump this year. But as someone else here has mentioned, we'll see during our pre-season games.
    Have some people on this board mistaken me for an expert! Or a "pinheaded expert", but H-Man has as much right to his opinion as I do. I'm no different than everyone else on this board, I love the Titans, I love the game, and I love it when the Titans win, I don't like loosing. Do I believe that this is a play-off team, no I don't. Do I believe that this is a rebuilding team? Yes, aren't they all?
    It is hard for me to believe that a team whos starting 2006 QB probably won't start in 2007, a team whos RBs probably won't start in 2007 and might not be apart of the team in 2007, as being 'positive' for 2006. I'm sorry if that upsets people, but that's how I see it.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hey fitantitans, don't worry what everyone else thinks. You have your opinion and they have theirs. I post my thoughts and could care less what others think. I am probably on a few folks ignore list..no biggie for me. Post what you will as long as it meets TJ's rules.

5. fitantitans

Ewker, everyone posts their thoughts and beliefs on this board. That's what I like about it. I don't agree with everything they say but, they have the right to say it and I respect that. My post is argumentive, as it was meant to be. I didn't think for a moment that everyone would agree with it. I would say, however, that it wasn't meant to rattle cages either! I was hoping that the argument would be more focused on the players positions.
    I have no hard feelings toward anyone who has disagreed with what I've said in this post. I have the right to say what I want, they have the right to disagree with it. H-Man, Bulluck Fan, BiPolar(he picks on me, I pick on him, its all in good fun) and any other Titan fan on this board is welcome to tailgate with me any time they want.
    As far as someone having to put another poster on their 'ignore list' would be their option, that's why it's there. It's not one of mine. H-Man disagrees with my assumptions. That's cool. The easy way out would be to put him on an 'ignore list', but that would defeat the purpose of the post.

6. smili

smili Starter

I agree about the schedule and the O-line.
    Disagree about the RB situation, and think Volek will do OK. I don't think there was anything to the Collins rumor.

I expect anything over 6 wins to be a pretty good given the schedule and all the changes we've had. It'll take time for the team to gel with this many changes, but I expect them to be better. If we win more than 6 we're beating some teams we're probably not expected to beat. all imho.

7. fitantitans

On which side of the ball, offense, defense or both? IMO it was on the defensive side which is exactly where I think we've improved the most this year.

8. fitantitans

Our RB situation will always be a heated issue (until we find another Eddie George). Some like it, some don't.
    I hope you're right about Volek. If our OL can keep him in the pocket a little longer............
    I've tried to figure out the truth to the Collins 'thing'. True or untrue? If it was just a rumor, what was its purpose? To get Volek sweating?

9. smili

smili Starter

Source of the rumor was probably Collin's agent. Trying to get some action from other teams who might be thinking of signing a backup QB.

Reese said he hadn't had contact with Collins, and Fisher seemed sortof shocked when a reporter asked about it - sortof like "it'd surprise me - we're looking at the guys we have in camp now."

10. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

hahaha
    you started it you hater! yeah! you and Ewker! You're both HATERS! :whoop:

I've got the jitters about Vince Young. It's hard to imagine how things would go for him in the middle of our schedule. I agree with the school of thought that gives Volek due fairness to "brees" on by and hang onto the job. (10+ win season, it ain't happenin' but we can dream) pee-pee pee-pee hahaha I really want to see Vince in there though. It's a big ball of butterflies impaled on a wad of pins and needles in my stomach. Beats walking on McNairs humpty dumpty eggshells.:sad2:

that was pretty funny to bring the d into the offensive round table but I sure hope the d attacks more. I hope the d is faster and attacks more. I want to see man coverages. Swartzie is to zone schemeing what Bipolar is to pilates.:sad2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar