Titans Offense Comes Alive in Loss to Seahawks

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: After 10 quarters without an offensive touchdown, the Titans put 24 points on the Seahawks in the second and third quarter. The Titans found success against a Seattle defense that played mostly man-to-man coverage against Tennessee’s receivers in route to gaining 338 yards of offense in those two quarters. "I think based on what they have us defensively — we looked at film and they do a lot of man-to-man coverage — we wanted to take advantage of that," said QB Steve McNair, who finished 23-of-38 for 310 yards with two touchdowns to Drew Bennett.

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Did no one notice? This was the first time I had noticed that Steve went to shotgun this season. I think chow basically threw out his playbook for this game, went to how McNair's supposed to play, lo and behold, it worked. That's why he had extra time.

3. Bobo

Bobo Guest

I think Mac really likes the shotgun (seems like he said as much in an old interview). Some of us had talked about how maybe it'd be a good idea to use it more, and apparantly, it was a good idea yesterday.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Yeah, I mentioned that in a phone call to a buddy in Nashville...I said that it looked like somebody told McNair to completely ignore the voice of Chow in his helmet.
    Surprisingly, he told me that Chow was getting ALL the props and credit for the turnaround.

What the f'ever.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar