Titans observe WR's during today's Senior Bowl Practice

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dr.Awkward, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Righteous

Righteous Guest

I didn't say Brian Westbrook, RB from Villanova. I said Bryant Westbrook, CB from Texas and he is an absolute bust.

2. Righteous

Righteous Guest

As for WR, it is no way you can say that

Keyshawn Johnson
    Terry Glenn
    Marvin Harrison
    Randy Moss
    Torry Holt
    Plaxico Burress
    Santana Moss
    Reggie Wayne
    Javon Walker
    Andre Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Roy Williams

are busts. Out of the 45 WR's draft in that time period, those players alone make a 26% success rate.

3. PAtitansfan53

PAtitansfan53 Kush & OJ

The Draft doesn't have to be a crapshoot if your scouters and your GM and head coach all work together scout the right people and put in the time and effort like the pats our drafts at the least should be respectable and be phenomenol at best.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

OK, Jeff might slap with a warning for this, but I have to know what you're smoking.... what criteria did you use to evaluate these corners? Did you go strictly on how many popularity contests they won, ie the Pro Bowl??

McQuarters, O'Neal and Jammer are by no means busts. They're more than serviceable, although not great. Charles Woodson was a really good CB, who happened to end up in the black hole (pun very much intended) and Terrance Newman is arguably the best CB in the NFC and should have been in said popularity contest over Ronde Barber and DeAngelo Hall who both have played like crap.

5. Righteous

Righteous Guest

The same criteria that you used. Opinion. And perhaps you must be somking something if you don't think that players are measured by ProBowls. You won't find any Hall of Famers who weren't ProBowl players (since the inception of the event). 2/3 of how a Probowl players is chosen is by his peers and coaches. I think their opinions are little more important, or should I say, taken a little more seriously than yours.

McQuarters has played for 4 teams in 9 years and has averaged 1.5 interceptions and 6 passes defended for his career. By comparison Reynaldo Hill averages 2.5 interceptions and 4.5 passes defended. So either McQuarters was not worth a fisrt round pick or Hill was. In my circles, we call that a bust just like Dan Wilkenson, who by the way still plays for an NFL team. Maybe that is your criteria.

Deltha O'Neal averages 4 ints and 7 passes defended a year. Jammer averages 2 ints and 11 passes defended. These players stats certainly does not justify their draft positions. In the world of the NFL, that is considered a bust. None of these players are considered cornerstones of their teams and Newman and Jammer were selected in the top 10 of the draft. But maybe stats are not a good way to judge a players contributions either. Maybe we should just wait for you idiotic opinion.

6. Dr.Awkward

Dr.Awkward Camp Fodder

umm... quentin jammer is no bust. He may not be a pro-bowler but he is a solid cb. He made some really big plays for san diego this year. The knock on jammer was that earlier in his career, he had a propensity to give up big plays via interference calls. That doesn't happen as much anymore.

The idea that you measure whether someone is a bust or not based on pro-bowl participation is asinine.

7. Righteous

Righteous Guest

Exactly where do you see that I said I measured anything based on ProBowl participation? Maybe you should re-read and then re-post.

And for the record the post was response to someone who said that there were 30 busts of first round receivers because it is a harder position to evaluate. I disagree and say there are just as many busts at any other position because player evaluation in general is a tough job. You will find the same amount of busts at every position. So for anyone to try to look at the list, of which, most agree with and try to nickle and dime it is a little dumb. The point is there are same amount of bust at each position and not just an inordinate amount at WR. If you would like to argue that point, then please do so. But if you are going to lament 1 or 2 players or tell me that Brian Westbrook was not a bust when it is obvious that I am talking about cornerbacks, please save it.

8. FLTitansfan

FLTitansfan Guest

Dallas Baker would be the perfect drew bennett replacement if they dont re-sign drew. They are almost the same receiver.

9. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Ding ding ding, we have a winner!! Maybe you should actually watch these guys play, rather than just look at the stat sheet, before you come with your "idiotic opinion". Stats sheets only show a partial truth, and sometimes not even the truth. For our own team, if you look strictly at stats both Lamont Thompson and Reynaldo look good, which most certainly they are not.

And fine if you want to argue that evaluating WR isn't harder than evaluating CB, but don't use faulty, highly opinionated statements to do so.

10. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Key, Glenn, and Marvin weren't in the last 10 drafts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar