Titans observe WR's during today's Senior Bowl Practice

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by Dr.Awkward, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Williams isn't nothing. He's not a starter, but certainly worth having.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

williams has never really produced on the collegiate level. i know for some guys the light comes on once they hit the pros after a lackluster career in college, but i wouldnt say he would be worth having.

i mean, one season over 250 yards receiving?

3. titansfan9

titansfan9 Camp Fodder

I've guess the Colts have put to rest the "Its pointless to draft a WR in the 1st round early, because no team in the past 5 years has made it to the Superbowl with one." talk- Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne- both 1st rounders...

4. Tez

Tez Camp Fodder

Looking at that WR list, I see a ton of busts

Who cares if they made it to the SB, it's a team sport and WRs get limited touches.

I'd like to see a full list of 1st round WRs in comparison to other positions

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I never ever heard of Marcus Nash. When was he drafted and how long did he last?

6. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

This is probably a good sign that Drew Bennett will be back, too. I can't see us releasing our current #1 and not drafting a WR in the first.

7. id like to have the first guy on the list, he can go up and get it and has some good speed once he gets going

8. TitanFan4Life

TitanFan4Life Stronger Than K-Bulluck

what about calvin johnson?

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

what is your definition of bust? most of those guys have been reasonably productive throughout their careers.

Marvin Harrison-hall of fame
    Reggie Wayne- a number one on any other team
    Rod Gardner (Carolina)- bust
    Freddie Mitchell- bust
    Torry Holt- top 5
    Kevin Dyson- good player, but injuries ruined him
    Marcus Nash-who?
    Ike Hilliard- getting old but was a good number two
    Terry Glenn- still a very good WR.

10. Righteous

Righteous Guest

Marcus Nash played at Tennessee. Was drafted by the Broncos after winning the first of two SB's. Only lasted a couple of years in the league.

Tec, it doesn't matter your opinion about WR's, they are just as important as any other position on the field. If the best available player is a WR, then you draft him. The Texans have taken defensive players first in the last few drafts and where are they? I say that to say, the draft is a crapshoot at all positions.

And if you look at the three dynasties in the NFL, the Steelers, Cowboys, Niners, they all had a WR on the roster drafted in the first round.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar