Titans Not Concerned About Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

[​IMG]

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Well, if you haven't noticed (somehow) I exaggerate a lot in attempts to get the point across. Like, I could just simply say CJ is very dependent on a great O-Line, moreso than guys like Lendale would be, but I went with the 5ft hole thing. Sometimes it works and other times not.

Anyway, yeah I think CJ could easily be a 1 hit wonder IF he doesn't work on his weaknesses. That's all.

3. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

I was thinking Collinsworth needs to prepare for disappointment now.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I'm well aware of your tendency. I'm just trying to make you aware that it doesn't work, it just makes you sound like your being argumentative and unreasonable for argument's sake.

I'd say almost every running back depends greatly on their offensive line, it's just a matter of degree, though I do understand the distinction between Lendale and CJ in that sense.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. TitansNVols83

TitansNVols83 Starter

+1

7. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

If your saying CJ could possibly be a one hit wonder after 1 pre-season game.... you're nuts and that's real honesty....

8. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

After 1 preseason game? I'm saying he could be a one-hit-wonder after seeing his running style for an entire season.

Much like when I called Devin Hester as a 1 hit wonder. It was easy to see- he was only good when he made 1 cut or less and ran straight to the endzone. So if the next season his blocking wasn't as good- he'd struggle. And...he did.

CJ is the same way. Without those gaps, he could be very ineffective. Understanding all RBs need holes and room to run, but CJ needs more than a balanced RB. He's a sprinter without the best vision, so he needs to use his speed to be good.
    Like in many of the clips where he makes someone miss- it's because he's at the point where his speed is almost tricking the defender.

9. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

I don't understand what your trying to say out of all this... That CJ should run through holes that aren't there... Slow down, to make his vision better to be great... Not trick defenders and just run them over??? He's not a powerback...

As for Hester, my grandmother could have predicted that... anyways he plays a totally different position.... as a returner he was great, found seams and dodged defenders as well as utilizing his speed. Without the ball in his hands and trying to find holes in the secondary is way different.

CJ has got his own nitche of attributes as an athlete... we were all pretty stunned with the pick when he was drafted. Reinfeldt, Fish and Hemi took the chance and had a plan on how to use him. We all wanted an explosive asset on offense, atleast I know we needed something.

Maybe it's just me, but after the season he had as a rookie gives him the benefit of the doubt... Sure doesn't make me wanna call him out as a bust/one hit wonder, as a matter of fact I believe he's far from it.

10. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

take it from someone who knows his stuff (me), CJ is great, and will not drop off in production at all this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar