Titans Not Concerned About Run Game

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Deuce...man, do you need a seeing eye dog? You must be visually imparied because every post you make is like you are talking about another dimension or some fantasy world or something.

You make comments about Chris Johnson that are totally not even close to what someone who actually watched him play would say. Is it true...about the legally blind thing...thats oK to talk about it if you want...we are there for you.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

The atmosphere during that game was like "let's see where we left off" kind of thing. Buffalo knew the Titans were a running team so they properly prepared for the rushing attack, and were able to slow them down on the ground. Same goes for how Tennessee prepared for the Bills. The Titans played that game as if it was week 18 of the regular season. Neither team came out trying to prove anything so they played the preseason exhibition just as that. So that's why no one is worried about how this game went. Nice to win, but not a "need to have" in order to be good in 2009. They technically weren't playing their yearly first game. Normally both teams would be scrimmaging vs. Atlanta or something. Had this happened in late preseason, then maybe not rushing efficiently would become a worry, but not today.

3. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Never let me see you talk about Young apologists being delusional then mimic the exact same homerism with another player.
    Again, it's not that I think he's bad or anything close.

He's just often tackled by 1 finger or so. And if you haven't seen him take a dive or lose all his balance when barely touched- I'M definitely not the one that needs the seeing eye dog. Same if you think he can catch.

4. MadDog

MadDog GOING OUT OF BUSINESS!

Since were all about honesty, how many of you here have a CJ jersey? Don't fib now.... I'll call miss Cleo on ya for da free readin'.

5. Deuce Wayne

I have an authentic CJ jersey. Only current players I have are his and Finnegan's (new oilers throwback).

Go figure, huh?

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Find me a highlight of someone laying a solid, clean hit on CJ. It happened only a handfull of times during the season. As for him not making people miss...that too is absurd. I would show you all the huge runs he busted off against KC, Detroit, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Indy, etc...but you would just come up with some crap to try and negate my point, so it's not even worth digging thru NFL films and youtube.

The guy averaged 5 YPC and had 1,228 yards and 9 TD. What you are saying is simply wrong. Unless our offensive line is clearing one of these '5 foot holes' you speak of every time he gets the ball, then these statistics simply mean that he a. makes people miss and b. escapes tackles. You don't average half of a first down on every carry in the NFL for an entire season unless you possess the ability to make guys miss you; it is simply impossible.

7. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

And that is suppose to do what? Prove that you're not sitting here bashing CJ?

8. Deuce Wayne

I'll show you some mediocre RBs making those teams miss too. NOT saying CJ is mediocre, but great runs against those teams isn't something impressive to put on your resume.
    Now the Pittsburgh run, and the Ravens runs... those were impressive. Just too rare.

and me owning a CJ jersey should be enough to say I'm a pretty big fan of the guy. I can just admit he's not Jesus Christ among us.

9. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

He's by far the best and most explosive player on the team, and it's just like you to bash him. The only teams that shut CJ down are the teams that completely sold out to stop our running game. And how typical of you to say 'O ya, the great games he had against great defenses were all right too, but the great games against lousy defenses count for more...'

And by the way, go ahead and show me some of those 'mediocre' running backs who dominated all of those teams.

10. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Gloat, it's fine to criticize and say what a good player still needs to work on, but what you're missing is that you're going too far. When you said he needed a five foot hole, and then had to retract it, obviously you recognized that. I can't believe that you'd actually stick to a statement that he can't make people miss. No, he doesn't do it every play, but no one does. Are there five NFL RBs that you would take over him? I can believe that, though I'd say he's on the back end of that. Can you name ten that you'd rather have this year? If the guy is in the top third of the NFL, I think it's silly to criticize him too much. Same with Griffen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar