Titans negotiating with C Chris Myers

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

A whaler, eh?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Amano wanted to play Center, and he sucks, he should be cut. And he was never a good guard BTW. Guards playing between 2 All-Pro players can be hidden.
    He's not safe. We cut Jovan Haye and he's still on the books for 2012 for $1M. This front office isn't afraid to cut the fat to improve, Amano should be worried.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

I hope that we get Myers/Wells and pick up Zeitler in the draft that would solidify our line real quick.

We were paying Jake Scott 5 million per year, I don't see why we can't dish out the extra 2.5 to give them the contract they want.

4. JCBRAVE

We might pay that extra money to get who we want. Scott signed that deal back when rookies got huge deals. Now with the new CBA, that same money is going to the veteran players.

5. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

Still 7.5 that Wells is asking for seems high but for us not having a legit center since we left Kevin go is killing us, and if we paid Jake that much I think its fair to lure Myers (rather have him) or Wells in for that much money.

6. JCBRAVE

Some say you've gotta spend money to make money. I mean it does seem pretty real stupid to give C.J. all that money only to see him dance around the backfield avoiding Amano's fat azz.

I say pay the blockers so that the guy we paid last summer can do his thing.

7. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

I'm not sure why you guys are all coming down on Amano, saying he should be cut but conveniently you leave out Leroy Harris? Amano is, perhaps, the worst center in the NFL I'll give you that. However, as a guard, he was pretty damn good and that is where he'll be shifted back to.

On the other hand Leroy Harris has been terrible from the get go, he was drafted to be our next center, but couldn't supplant the ancient Kevin Mawae. The first time he does play, against the Ravens in the playoff game in, he was terrible. He mis-snaped the ball at least twice and racked up penalties. He was awful playing center which is why Amano got a shot there. The thing is he sucked at guard too this season, we've all see that.

So, the whole Amano experiment this season and it's total debacle is due to friggin' LEROY HARRIS. He's the one that needs to be cut in anyone, sorry, but those are the facts.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Sign Wells or Meyers
    Sign Hutchinson
    Cut Amano
    Draft a 3rd/4th round C

Our interior OL:
    Hutchinson - Wells or Meyers - Harris/Velasco/rookie

9. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

Sign Hutchinson
    Cut Harris
    Draft a 3rd/4th round C

Our interior OL:
    Hutchinson - Wells or Meyers - Amano/Velasco/rookie[/QUOTE]

Fixed it for you.

10. gran54

gran54 Starter

I'd love to sign Myers and Hutchinson both. Would definitely give us a boost up front.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar