Titans Need Prime Target for Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Apr 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Of the many positions of need entering the 2007 NFL Draft, receiver may be the one in the most disarray. The Titans lost both Drew Bennett and Bobby Wade to free agency and David Givens is a question mark as to how much he'll contribute in 2007. What remains are players who have yet to blossom or are coming in from another system. This draft runs deep at WR with players such as LSU’s Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis, USC’s Dwayne Jarrett and Steve Smith, Tennessee Robert Meachem, Ohio State’s Ted Ginn Jr. and Anthony Gonzalez and South Carolina’s Sidney Rice.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. It looks like they all want to come to Tennessee:))

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

If I was a WR the Titans would probably be the last place I would want to come to. We all know Fisher wants to run the ball and play conservative. A WR isn't going to put up big numbers here.
    Plus the Titans have a QB who is more of a runner than a passer which fits Fisherball.

4. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

Ewk,

This is really hard for me to say...but I agree with you :)) . This is why I think we should spend the $$ or the draft picks on a good RB and best available defensive guys. Vince is a winner, but he's not going to make a star calibur receiver a star, but he needs a consistent possession type receiver to go to for some balance offensively (which we have and which will still be available in 2nd/3rd rounds). Bring back CB or get Dillon (Turner aint gonna happen) and draft heavily defensively...even trade up if we see someone we really like.

5. Ewker

Ewker Starter

I know that was hard for you :ha: I still hate your screen name :))

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Last year when the dilemma was VY, Leinart, or Cutler, I said that I wanted VY, but I wouldn't mind Leinart because he knew Chow's system.

Well it's the same this year, I want someone else, but I wouldn't mind taking Jarrett because he knows Chow's system already so he will be quicker to produce and he is the best

7. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Teddy

:))

8. bulluck4dMVP

bulluck4dMVP Pro Bowler

If Anderson is off the board, I'd take Bowe or Ginn Jr.

9. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

Works for me

10. Trey

Trey Guest

I love Meachem as a WR, but I think Ginn fits with our team better. He is good with screens, reverses, and is also a very very good returner, which we need more than anything right now since Pacman is gone. A WR like Meachem wouldn't get as many touches in our offense IMO, but we could use Ginn in a bunch of different ways.....And i just looked at the new mock on NFLDraftCountdown and it has us getting Eric Wright in round 2 and Kenny Irons in round 3. I like that first day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar