Titans Need Power Back To Split Carries With Johnson

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by mike75, Feb 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I think chis ivory of the saints could be a real stud and the price would be cheap he just needs a chance to carry the ball more

2. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What's funny is they have all those RBs and barely use them, and still drop 30 pts a game. That must be nice as well.

3. J Falk

J Falk Starter

Ahmad Bradshaw is listed at 5'10 214...I was pretty close...

Any body is a big back compared to CJ.

4. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I think Chris Ivory will be just as expensive, if not more, than Steven Jackson and Ahmad Bradshaw...I'm sure every team would love to get their hands on a big, young stud that doesn't have a bad injury history..I would rather have Ivory too, but only if he's cheaper

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If the money is whats turning you off then perhaps a rookie is a better choice.

There's 2-3 physical guys I'd love to have, but the problem with the draft is anyone can take your guy. At least with FA RB's you have a chance to get your guy, but it'll cost you.

6. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Hoping for him to be there in the 4th is asking to watch him go off the board I'd pull the trigger with one of our hopefully 2 third round picks.

He's slow as molasses and a dime a dozen. Can get a guy in the mid rounds to do the same thing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. J Falk

J Falk Starter

We don't need another rookie...We've already tried our luck with late round rookie rb's and it hasn't panned out...we need somebody to push CJ now.

8. tnfan47

tnfan47 Let's Get It

I don't mind spending the money in FA for a RB like those guys. I would have specific terms though:

1. The chosen RB will run on ALL short yardage plays.
    2. The chosen RB will run on ALL goaline plays.
    3. Only run north and south. We already have a RB that runs east, west and occasionally north. :cj:

9. xhrr

xhrr Starter

Your not drafting a guy to push CJ per say. CJ will get 200+ carries regardless of who we pay or draft what we need is an effective RB to spell him. We don't have one on the roster sorry Ringer and Harper. We should have been more proactive about it like the Ravens did with Pierce.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I hear what you're saying, but I think if we bring in a guy like Chris Ivory, it will not only give us that change of pace back, but it will also give us a RB that will make CJ think twice about taking plays off(like he's done so much of lately). Bring in a guy like Stephen Jackson or Chris Ivory or Ahmad Bradshaw and I guarentee CJ starts running harder because he knows that he's one ****** play away from losing a lot of carries.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar