Titans Name Brett Maxie Secondary Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Shanvhere, Jan 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Really encouraged by the work he did in Miami, Atlanta and SF. Looks like the right hire.

Improving the d-line will help, but the line isn't as bad, as some of us may make it out to be. Minus Ball and Smith the line is young; make a key addition or two and they could be a top d-line. If McCarthy has a good off-season, it will do nothing but help, both the line and the secondary.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Munch seem to be a keen fan of former players now coaching.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Marcus Robertson being fired was surprising IMO

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Interesting lateral move for a guy relatively late in his career (50yo). Hard to imagine we offered significantly more $$ than Cowboys.

I read a couple of things into this signing. One, he must believe we have better talent to work with and/or we are committed to re-stocking CB with quality. And two, he must be eager to work with Gray and/or get away from Rob Ryan.

I also like that we are taking care of coaching issues EARLY. I think that attests to Munchak's professional approach and work ethic. (The same work ethic that allowed him to be a HOF OL.)

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yep fishface really screwed MM over the way he scurried away like a rat and all.

6. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Am i the only one immature enough that everytime I read/hear his name all I can think of is Brett Maxie-pad?......

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

Well I believe we do have better talent and while we may not be as big market as Dallas, they do not have the talent we do.

He has an impressive list and I believe he may use this as the final stepping stone in order to become a defensive cord. Not a bad move on his part.

8. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

Amen! Nothing p!ssed me off more about our D. Hopefully that will stop now that Robertson is gone but I have NEVER understood that thinking. I mean it just screams out to the other team to throw the ball. Automatic 1st down every time.

9. acqua7

acqua7 Pro Bowler

Now we just need to lock up Finnegan.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar