Rumor Titans moving?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GrayGhost1951, Dec 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Moving the Chargers there made no sense. The hatred of the Chargers in LA cant be understated. It is slightly less than my hatred of Alabama. Not sure why they thought folks in LA were just gonna hop on a team they have hated for decades.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

I do think Amy has done some things to right the ship though. Im no season ticket holder or anything, but it seems she has tried to make things better.

And play wise, we are one of the most improved teams in the league over the past 2 seasons.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

did not know that but makes sense. Chargers were the LA Chargers for a few years when they formed in the early 60s so makes sense.

reminds me of the Oilers playing in Memphis fiasco... only an outsider would think that was a good idea

4. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

the gameday experience is not as onerous as before but still blows chunks for the most part.

They have the tools to show a replay every play but choose not to just enough to pizz me off... I would get a replay at home - just sayin'

they have improved, drastically, the time wasted entering the stadium. For years that was just stupid. I would arrive at the gate 11:15ish and not get to my seat till just before kickoff at 12:05. Missed the opening KO for that crazy OT game against Detroit a few years ago. Well that has done a 180. I am thru the gate and at my set by 11:30 now... which is fine.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. altitan

altitan Pro Bowler

Man, i was in San Diego once for business and the Raiders were playing the Chargers. I was in the gas lamp and felt like i was in a bloods/crip convention in Compton, only between the two teams. They literally hate each other on a personal level.

6. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

There used to be sellouts even if the stadium was not full. Those were true at the time. They have not been sold out for several years and have not claimed it in some time.
    Attendance is still down compared to what it once was....even with improvement.

7. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

I don’t see it happening. There are so many factors at play in this....
    - It is one person’s share out of 3.
    - the other 2 shareholder have no interest in selling their part.
    - the price of the 1/3 stake is high because it includes not only the team but property, car dealerships, oil company, etc....

The empty seats do concern me though. Low attendance has been one of the first signs of issues to come in other situations.
    If you have empty seats and empty luxury suites, then there is concern. I don’t know if the boxes are sold out or what the % sold is.

8. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

It was partly the play of the team. But former season ticket holders like me quit going because the rising cost of tickets and yet not spending to the cap. I know many that I used to sit with that gave up our tickets for this reason. We do not spend to the cap or even close then go cheap on coaches mularky and munchek. Yet my tickets had more than doubled since 98

9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

10. TitanT

TitanT Pro Bowler

How many teams out there pining to play football on a baseball field?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar