Titans might get Kevin Mawae back after all

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans News, Apr 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. STW Chris

STW Chris Starter

He was there for all the games this year, he only missed the playoff game vs the Ravens in 08 too I think.

2. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I've thought the same things about Mawae. I'm glad I'm not the only one who was picking up on that. I understand Kevin is a HOF and is a huge figure in the league but he's been a d!psh!+ every time I've seen him talk about Vince.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

You don't think Vince wasn't an arrogant, unproven kid? He gave up on his team when they needed a leader. I think Vince is leaps and bounds better than he was and has the potential to be the final solution, however, I think his demeanor in the past hasn't helped much in the locker room. He has to earn trust and respect from his teammates, including Mawae who is arguably one of the best O-lineman the league has ever seen.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. smili

smili Starter

Weren't some of Kevin's criticisms as simple as VY needs to learn the playbook? I understood them to be that often Vince wouldn't know the playcall.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

VY has won the lockeroom as a rookie on the bench, then again of the field his rookie season, and again last year. I don't really think VY has a problem winning the lockeroom. He's a natural leader, unlike Kerry Collins, who I don't think has ever really won a lockeroom from what I can tell. The key is will your teammates follow you to victory when they have nothing left to give, inspite of the first three quarters, and step up for you. VY has proven that he can bring them back on numerous occasions, and I can see that the team is willing to go the distance for him based on all the comeback wins. They not only believe, they get it done.

I don't know much about Mawae and VY, but he belongs on this team because CJ got 2,000 yards, and if he doesn't believe in the VY magic by now, there's no convincing him. I have to believe that he too now believes. He's been a witness to it.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

This is two completely dumb*ss posts of yours I've read in a row. If this is Vince's team now then he can deal with Mawae like a man. Good grief.

7. luvyablue23

luvyablue23 Camp Fodder

And that's two posts your respond with profanity and trying to make personal. If you're unable to respond with a counter argument or counter point so be it; dont make it personal. You lose whatever credibility you have by resorting to that.
    Also please watch the language, my kid reads these posts too.

now to business; I'm not saying that Mawae wasn't right in his criticism initially of Young; but I am saying that his personality is pretty domineering. I assure you VY can deal with Mawae if he comes back.
    Does it matter what any of us think or why Mawae has been critical? The point of the post is just the logic behind the decision to let him go.

8. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

His criticism wasn't just for Vince, but for Roos as well. He critiqued Vince for not knowing the plays and calling the wrong plays in the huddle, and he critiqued Roos for being the smartest guy on the line but not saying anything when Vince calls the wrong plays. IMO, it was nothing malicious (I heard the interview) and both guys needed to be called out for that.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Mawae is stunting Vince's growth, then off with his head let him walk! Vince Young means more to our success than Mawae does. Plus he's like 260, little man for a Center.

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

What exactly are you even saying? He's 260 so he must be an ineffective C? Well he's proven that to not be the case.. Good vets call out the young guys who aren't getting it and for a few seasons Vince was clearly not getting it.
    Is it possible that Mawae has helped shape Vince into the team guy he was last season?

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar