Titans meet with Ryan Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

What have you seen from JL that inspires confidence in him? The proof is in the pudding. and the MF pudding is flavorless and empty so far. Unrealized potential tastes like crap in pudding. It's light and airy.

2. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

The Titans want to keep veteran quarterback Matt Hasselbeck, but not at his current salary.

As the two sides continue to discuss a restructured contract, the Titans are covering their bases, just in case things don’t work out. At the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix, Ariz., that led them to former Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Fitzpatrick, who lives just outside of Phoenix, also reportedly met with the Bengals.

Titans General Manager Ruston Webster and Coach Mike Munchak are attending the meetings, which run through Tuesday.

Fitzpatrick was Cincinnati’s backup for two seasons before landing in Buffalo, where he was released last week. The Bengals are expected to try and sign him.

He’s regarded as the top quarterback available in free agency.

Hasselbeck is scheduled to make $5.5 million in base salary and have a salary cap number of $7.5 million in 2013 as starting quarterback Jake Locker’s back-up. Locker is scheduled to make $1.519 million.

The 37-year-old, 14-year veteran has said he wants to return to the Titans this fall. He told Tennessean colleague John Glennon earlier this month he knows if the contract can’t get worked out, he could get be cut.

“Well, yeah, if we can’t come to an agreement, I guess that’s what they’d have to do. That’s just how it goes,” Hasselbeck said. “Right now I’m working out hard, getting prepared and ready, trying to have the best year I can. Again, I’m really hopeful that it’s here, but I understand that some things are more out of your control.”

Fitzpatrick completed 308 of 505 passes for 3,400 yards and 24 touchdowns in 2013, along with 16 interceptions.

Share on Facebook

Posted In: League News, Team News

Source: Titans Insider

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

The more you read about this, (met in Arizona, he hasn't been to Nashville) sort of sounds like we just kicked the tires.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. titans backbone

titans backbone Rookie

Ummm, although it would be lovely to have Fitz for 2 million or less...I think QB's with starting potential are more in the 2 to 3,5 per year. Specially when your starting QB has a shoulder history. Hopefully we can get the 1.7-2.5 m range though!

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Season Team Passing Rushing Fumbles
    G GS Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sck SckY Rate Att Yds Avg TD FUM Lost
    2012 Buffalo Bills 16 16 306 505 60.6 3,400 6.7 24 16 30 161 83.3 48 197 4.1 1 8 6

2011 Buffalo Bills 16 16 353 569 62.0 3,832 6.7 24 23 22 148 79.1 56 215 3.8 0 7 2

2010 Buffalo Bills 13 13 255 441 57.8 3,000 6.8 23 15 24 145 81.8 40 269 6.7 0 8 5

6. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

I'd love to have Fitzpatrick here as a backup but he will probably end up in Cincinnati backing up Dalton.......

7. nickmsmith

I would love to have a new QB in free agency or with a good draft pick.. I think it should be made well known that Locker needs to earn his spot. We can't afford to use kid gloves with him. Not this year. Make it or break it year. We need a QB to challenge him this year. Either we'll have a good backup or a potential replacement.

QB makes the team nowadays.. if you don't have one that plays well.. odds are your team isn't going to succeed. If Locker doesn't show us that he is going to be a top 10-15 QB, then it's time to move on. he is barely even top 10 in the AFC right now.

8. mike75

mike75 Pro Bowler

It would suck if the whole team improved only to be brought down by bad QB play from Locker and nickmsmith is definitely right we are only going as far as Locker will lead us.If he plays well the whole team benefits but if he gets out there and doesn't do anything it overshadows everything else.

All the more reason to have a good steady backup QB

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Jets went to back to back AFC Championships with Mark Sanchez

10. nickmsmith

You can count on one hand how many teams had great success with a bad QB, in recent years. It's an exception to the rule. And the Titans do not have the talent of he Jets in their good years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar