Titans meet with Ryan Fitzpatrick

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Win Baby

Just Win Baby Starter

I like the idea of a younger, cheaper, Better at this point, back-up option for Locker.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Guess we're hitting some roadblocks in Hass' pay cut negotiations. We'll see if anything comes of this though.

Btw, on Roto World:

NFL.com's Kimberly Jones reports free agent Ryan Fitzpatrick has met with the Titans in addition to the Bengals.
    The Titans need a capable veteran to guide and back up erratic starter Jake Locker, and Matt Hasselbeck is getting too expensive and too ineffective for the job. Fitzpatrick would be both cheaper and better than Hasselbeck, and a new veteran voice for Locker to lean on. The move would make a lot of sense for a Titans team that's seemed somewhat directionless in free agency.
    Do these people even know what they're talking about? How have we been directionless? We had the worst interior blocking in the league, we added the best FA OG. We needed to replace a one trick pony TE, we signed one of the best versatile TE's in the game. We lacked a big body on the DL, we added a 330lbs DT. CJ didn't have a good backup, we added a 225lbs backup RB that excels where CJ fails. We had no depth at LB, we added a quality backup.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I'd love to sign Fitz, but how much will he cost? ...I mean Chase Daniels got a 3yr/10mil deal!? Regardless Hass is about to make 7.5mil this year, if we could get Fitz for 3yr/15 mil deal i'd be happy. Would save us 2.5 mil and give us a younger backup.

4. GTFO my pancakz

GTFO my pancakz S.D.M.F.

Take what these mouth breathers say with a grain of salt. They will always talk trash about us because we are a small market team and most of the country doesn't know us very well. All they are doing is hurting their own credibility. Especially with guys like Lombardi who usually know what they are talking about.

5. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

And, because, there are not enough former Buffalo Bills added this offseason o_O

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I've only seen Fitz against the Titans (where he's choked) but he'd upgrade Hass.

Any word if they plan on bringing Kolb in for a visit?

Rusty must not be considered #2 material.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

IDK, I think Hass would be perfectly content taking a major pay cut so he could stick around.

8. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

I think we can nab a QB for less than 5 mil a year couldn't we? I like Fitz playing back up. It gives Locker his team.

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Make Hass take a huge paycut, or cut him. I'm talking like 1 mil cap space & sign Fitz.

#1 - Jake Locker
    #2 - Ryan Fitzpatrick
    #3 - Matthew Hasselbeck

...why not? lol

10. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Few things I can say about Fitz from seeing him:
    • Never played behind a good O-line or with a solid group of receivers
    • Has good accuracy and below average arm strength
    • Smart player; more than just a game manager but not much more
    • Probably end up being the best backup in the league
    • Should be a good mentor for a young QB as Fitzy came up the hard way without a lot of ability. Knows how to do the little things to get by
    • For those who remember -- Think Bernie Kosar with more brains

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar