Titans may not welcome Haynesworth back

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SEC 330 BIPOLAR, Nov 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- Tennessee defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth's suspension from the NFL ends Sunday after the Titans play the Baltimore Ravens. Team officials might not be ready to welcome him back.
    more...

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

When asked about Haynesworth last week, Fisher wouldn't even use Haynesworth's name. Instead, he referred to "the defensive tackle" twice to avoid saying Haynesworth's name.

wow... Jeff is p.o'ed

3. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

ouch. Haynesworth will need to be a choir boy to get out of Fishers dog house. One wrong word and he'll be gone.

4. avvie

avvie It's another cold day in Hell Tip Jar Donor

Fisher is still single, right?

5. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

It would be a real shame if he is not back on the team. We certainly need him. Bulluck giving him a vote of confidence might help.

6. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Haynesworth May Not be Invited Back

SUMMARY: Titans DT Albert Haynesworth is due to come off his five-game suspension on Monday but he may not be welcomed back by the team. "Our front office will be discussing the issue over the next couple of days," coach Jeff Fisher said Thursday. "That's all I can comment on." Haynesworth received a five-game suspension for swiping his right foot on the face of Dallas center Andre Gurode. The suspension also meant Haynesworth lost five game paychecks, and the Titans asked him for some of his bonus money back. Some of his teammates are ready for him to return. "Shoot, we've been missing him around here in the locker room, missing him on the football field, miss the leadership aspect that he brings, and I'm sure he's ready to come back," Bulluck said. "He's definitely one of us, and I can't wait until he comes back."

What do you think about this article? Post your comments below.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

he will definitely have to prove himself.

8. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I think it's clear to him that he's on a very short leash with the team. That being said, I think he's done all the right things. The public apology was sincere, he's spending game days counciling kids, he didn't put up any argument when they asked for some of his bonus back. I think he's doing the right things, and should be allowed another chance. I think he'll be motivated to come back and be the kind of leader we need to finish out the season. If not, drop him.

9. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

Based on the comments from Bulluck and Robaire, it sounds like Fisher is going to risk losing the team again if the team trys to keep Haynesworth away.

10. fltitan

fltitan Guest

What Al did was inexcusable and unacceptable but he has been punished now he deserves a 2nd chance. This maybe a turning point in his life and he should be a much better person because of this. I don't think Fisher, Reese or Mr. Adams will ever have to worry about more problems from Al I bet he's learned his lesson. I have been one of the strongest Fisher supporters here but if he doesn't allow Al back after all this crap with PacMan then someting is wrong. If Al doesn't come back how in the world can you let Pac come back. Give him a 2nd chance he is a part of the Titan family.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar