"Titans' Mariani has eye on expanded role"

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ten_Titans, Mar 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

He played him in the pro-bowl probably because he would have died to play in that game while many others were uninterested in doing so.

Gotta think- most players would voluntarily skip the pro-bowl if they could.

2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Using anything to do with the probowl in an argument.....

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First of all Mariani ran a sub 4.5 40. He isn't blazing but he isn't slow either. Austin Collie for the Colts is slower, shorter and had about the same 3-cone and shuttle. Except for his brain being scrammbled the Colts loved the guy and his ability to get open and catch the ball and there was even talk he would replace Garcon in the starting line up because of his consistency. So Mariani is fast enough if he runs good routes and displays good hands (by the way this kid had one of the best catches for a college WR ever. As already noted he is actually faster than Damien Williams and had about the same 3-cone and shuttle as him. In fact three of the top WRs in the 2009 draft who have been pretty good so far in the NFL are all about the same speed as Mariani (Britt, Nicks, Crabtree).

We know if he gets his hands on the ball he can be a real good open field runner. IMO the bar isn't that high on the outside with Gage and Washington so I woudln't be surprised if Williams or Mariani push them for one of the starting spots opposite Britt. If Williams wins that Mariani would have a decent shot at wining the slot IMO.

• High Five High Five x 2
  4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Michael Crabtree, Hakeem Nicks, Kenny Britt, Dez Bryant & Damian Williams all run 4.5 40-yard dash times. Marc Mariani ran a 4.48

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Game speed > 40 time.

6. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

We've got talent on offense. Offense is one of our bright spots if we get our QB situation figured out.

I hope to see Mariani, Williams, and Cook on the field more.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Oh. My bad guys... he runs a 4.49 rather than a 4.5...

I'll learn how estimation works soon enough.

.01 second difference. Really? lol

8. MrBean

MrBean Master of Not Much

Well yeah, duh, when you use speed as a knock on him against "better" receivers and he is actually a bit faster than those receivers.

9. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

Mark Mariani is a Poor Mans Percy Harvin

10. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar